Foren

Installation of Maven Archetypes from CMD

Klaus Bachmaier, geändert vor 8 Jahren.

Installation of Maven Archetypes from CMD

Regular Member Beiträge: 223 Beitrittsdatum: 30.09.13 Neueste Beiträge
I have some Trouble installing the Liferay Maven Archetypes on my Windows PC. I'm talking about the currently latest Version for Liferay 6.2 EE, which is liferay-portal-maven-6.2-ee-sp13-20150924102826394.zip

When I issue "ant install" in a command shell, then only the Liferay Portal Dependencies will be installed to my local Maven Repository, not the Maven Project Archetypes. So what is the correct way to install the Liferay Maven Archetypes from the command Line?
thumbnail
Anil T, geändert vor 8 Jahren.

RE: Installation of Maven Archetypes from CMD

Expert Beiträge: 313 Beitrittsdatum: 14.01.12 Neueste Beiträge
Have you tried with "mvn install" command?
Klaus Bachmaier, geändert vor 8 Jahren.

RE: Installation of Maven Archetypes from CMD

Regular Member Beiträge: 223 Beitrittsdatum: 30.09.13 Neueste Beiträge
No, I didn't, because the Maven Dependencies Package works with ant, and so it doesn't has a "pom.xml". It has to be installed with "ant install".

Something seems to be changed lately with the Maven Dependency Packages: In earlier Versions after issuing "ant install" I found the Liferay Maven artifacts in my local .m2 Repository. Now these Artifacts obviously get fetched from a remote Remository when I issue "mvn archetype:generate". They aren't installed locally anymore during the "ant install" process.

Strange thing is that Maven on some Machines "knows" more of these Repositories than on others. So on my "Problem PC" Maven simply doesn't know the Repositories where the Liferay artifacts are located, and also can't find them locally. I don't know Maven good enough to know where the differences in the Maven Installations may be. At least I haven't seen any differences in the settings.xml Files on my PC's