Foren

Can't find my portlet to select

John Malick, geändert vor 13 Jahren.

Can't find my portlet to select

New Member Beiträge: 21 Beitrittsdatum: 14.09.10 Neueste Beiträge
Hello Everyone,

I am very new to JAVA programming and LIFERAY. I developed a portlet in Eclipse IDE using Hibernate, Springframe and Maven. A very simple "Hello World" type portlet. I have download LIFERAY 6.0+ version and installed that on my PC. This is not going to be displayed on any aplication server. Just a test to see if I can develop a simple portlet and diplay it using LIFERAY on my PC. When I start up LIFERAY (uisng Tomcat) and log into LIFERAY using the default username/password (test@liferay.com/test), I go to the Control Panel and select "Plugins Installation". I then select "Install more portlets". I select "Upload File" and browse to find my WAR file. I then select "Install" and watch the Tomcat log file. I receive no errors. I go and try to add my portlet to my portal but I can not find it anywhere (I called it "Sample PorjectTasks" so it would show up under sample). Can anyone give me a clue what I am doing wrong? HELP PLEASE!

John Malick
thumbnail
Malek Tarboush, geändert vor 13 Jahren.

RE: Can't find my portlet to select

Junior Member Beiträge: 30 Beitrittsdatum: 19.09.10 Neueste Beiträge
may be its in another category ?
did you check the Undefined category ?

today i got something like this today
i have a JSF project i edited it to make it as a liferay portlet
and it works fine but it went to the Undefined category not the sample
i don't know why even i specify the category as sample in the liferay-display.xml
like this
 <display>
     <category name="category.sample">
         <portlet id="liferayjsf_tag_portlet" />
     </category>
 </display>

Hello Malek Taroush,

Thank you for the reply. I appreciate all help. Sorry but I do not see "Undefined Category" From the pull down menu "Add", I select "More". it brings me to a list of different portlet categories:

Collaboration
Community
Conten Management
Finance
Google
News
Sample
Shopping
Social
Tools
Wiki

I don't see "Undefined category". Am I looking in the wrong place? I am using Liferay 6. Are you using the same version. Please help.

John Malick
thumbnail
Malek Tarboush, geändert vor 13 Jahren.

Junior Member Beiträge: 30 Beitrittsdatum: 19.09.10 Neueste Beiträge
Hello John

yes I'm using Liferay 6.0.5 CE
hey look if its ok upload your portlet here
and i will try deploy it on my liferay
may be we can define the problem

Hello Malek,

Thank you for the reply and the offer. If you can please let me how to upload my portlet here, I will do it. I just don't know how to upload the file. Would it be easier if I emailed you the WAR file? I appreciate it. Have a good day.

John Malick