Foren

Any plans to fix LPS-44758 in the upcoming release

Ankur Jhawar, geändert vor 8 Jahren.

Any plans to fix LPS-44758 in the upcoming release

New Member Beiträge: 15 Beitrittsdatum: 07.11.14 Neueste Beiträge
Hi Folks,

Just wished to check whether there is a fix or any plans to fix this difference of UI (language flags not visible when using drop-down) between Firefox and others in future Liferay release.

https://issues.liferay.com/browse/LPS-44758

Cheers!
AJ
thumbnail
Samuel Kong, geändert vor 8 Jahren.

RE: Any plans to fix LPS-44758 in the upcoming release

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 1902 Beitrittsdatum: 10.03.08 Neueste Beiträge
This is a limitation in the browser and is not a bug in Liferay Portal. So my guess is that this ticket doesn't have a particularly high priority. You can vote for the ticket and get others to vote for the ticket if you think it's important.
thumbnail
Andy Wu, geändert vor 8 Jahren.

Regular Member Beiträge: 195 Beitrittsdatum: 05.05.15 Neueste Beiträge
Hi AJ ,
I think it is an issue about liferay portal , and here is liferay ide category , so you can go to portal related category to find answer .emoticon
By the way , I saw there was a new comment in https://issues.liferay.com/browse/LPS-44758 as following :
Samuel Kong added a comment
This is a limitation in the browser and not a bug in Liferay. This ticket should probably be reclassified as an improvement.
thumbnail

Thanks Andy. Moving thread to a more appropriate category.

Thanks guys for sharing your thoughts.

I agree that this is a browser thing, but what I am not sure is why LR code is adding something which is not working consistently in all the set of browsers.

As I have a limitation that I have to stick to native liferay as much as possible, thus this difference in UI with the browser is not cool!

So the reason of this thread was to check whether there are plans to remove this feature (showing locale icons in case of drop-down) completely or make it consistent between browser.

Thanks!
AJ
thumbnail

You can customize the Language portlet to remove the feature if you want. In general, Liferay Portal doesn't make any promises to look exactly the same across all browsers.

Samuel Kong:
You can customize the Language portlet to remove the feature if you want. In general, Liferay Portal doesn't make any promises to look exactly the same across all browsers.

Thanks for replying to the post, but I beg to differ with your comment above.

Firstly, we appreciate the depth of LR functionalities against which this is a very basic/minor issue.

I agree that LR does not promise to have exact behavior in different browsers, but IMHO a UI based application does not need to promise consistency, this is implicit, else there should be a disclaimer in the docs.

Anyways I will create a jsp hook (\html\taglib\ui\language\page.jsp) to change the implementation.

Thanks!
AJ