Foren

Site Membership for all authenticated Users

thumbnail
Indranil Bose, geändert vor 8 Jahren.

Site Membership for all authenticated Users

Junior Member Beiträge: 37 Beitrittsdatum: 07.05.14 Neueste Beiträge
I have a custom site, let's say "MyForum". The requirement is that all the authenticated Users should have membership to this Site by default. I am using Liferay 6.2 ga4. And my Liferay Portal is connected to a LDAP server (ApacheDS). All the Users are coming from that LDAP server. The site "MyForum" is set to "open" Membership Types. Now, how will I be able to achieve this, that any User logging in to the Portal (authenticated User) should be member to this Site by default (without any additional step to be done)?
I have tried through User Groups too. I already created a User group "MyForumGroup" and have associated it as a member Group of the Site. But everytime a new User is created in LDAP server, I have to make the User a member of this Group so that, in turn the User becomes a member of this Site. But this step cannot be repeated all the time.
Is there a way by which all the authenticated User could be a member of a User Group?
I have to achieve a way by which all authenticated Users will be a member to the Site OR at least, all authenticated Users will be a member Group and consequently member of the Site.

Thanks in advance.
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, geändert vor 8 Jahren.

RE: Site Membership for all authenticated Users

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 14916 Beitrittsdatum: 02.09.06 Neueste Beiträge
Why not just use a login pre/post processor to add membership to the site if the user doesn't have it?
thumbnail

Yes that's a way to do it, I am yet to try that. I was just looking for a way, if there is any, without customizations (hooks), just by any properties or configurations. If there is none that way then I'll surely go with hooks.
Anyway thanks David.emoticon
thumbnail
Sandeep Nair, geändert vor 8 Jahren.

RE: Site Membership for all authenticated Users (Antwort)

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 1744 Beitrittsdatum: 06.11.08 Neueste Beiträge
Go to Control Panel -> Portal Settings -> Default User Associations. You will see option to specify Sites to which you want users to be associated by default.

Regards,
sandeep
thumbnail

Sandeep Nair:
Go to Control Panel -> Portal Settings -> Default User Associations. You will see option to specify Sites to which you want users to be associated by default.

Regards,
sandeep

Thanks Sandeep emoticon

That's the exact thing I was looking for emoticon
thumbnail
Dikie Rendra Aditya, geändert vor 8 Jahren.

New Member Beiträge: 14 Beitrittsdatum: 11.03.09 Neueste Beiträge
Hi Sandeep,

I'm looking for similar solution, however I can't see Default User Associations in Portal Settings. I'm using Liferay 6.1.0 CE GA 1, is this configuration not available in this?

Thanks.
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, geändert vor 8 Jahren.

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 14916 Beitrittsdatum: 02.09.06 Neueste Beiträge
Dikie Rendra Aditya:
I'm using Liferay 6.1.0 CE GA 1

That's your mistake. Choosing to stay on an older, known buggy version is the choice you made and, until you upgrade to the latest GA in the 6.1 line, it's a choice you're stuck with and will have to live with.

6.1 has GA 3 available which includes bug fixes, performance fixes and security fixes, all without changing underlying API signatures which would otherwise affect your custom code.

Choosing not to use the latest GA makes no sense at all, especially since it's been out for over a year now.
santhosh kumar, geändert vor 6 Jahren.

New Member Beiträge: 19 Beitrittsdatum: 12.04.17 Neueste Beiträge
Hi Sandeep,

I'm looking for similar solution, how assign site membership to user group and how assign role to user group

Thanks
thumbnail
Olaf Kock, geändert vor 6 Jahren.

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 6403 Beitrittsdatum: 23.09.08 Neueste Beiträge
santhosh kumar:
I'm looking for similar solution, how assign site membership to user group and how assign role to user group

You forgot to link to the post where you're looking for this information
santhosh kumar, geändert vor 6 Jahren.

New Member Beiträge: 19 Beitrittsdatum: 12.04.17 Neueste Beiträge
Olaf Kock:
santhosh kumar:

You forgot to link to the post where you're looking for this information

emoticon