Foren

Decrypting password

maryannec maryannec, geändert vor 18 Jahren.

Decrypting password

New Member Beiträge: 2 Beitrittsdatum: 14.06.05 Neueste Beiträge
How can I find the company Key in order to decrypt the password. We are using our own JAAS LogingModule class. <br /><br />Here is the code snippet that I&#39;m using. The decrypt method always fails since the Key returned by the company is always null.<br /><br />User user = UserLocalManagerUtil.getUserById(username);<br />Company company = CompanyManagerUtil.getCompany(user.getCompanyId());<br />String decryptedPassword = <br /> Encryptor.decrypt(company.getKeyObj(), new String(password));<br /><br />
kamakazi kamakazi, geändert vor 17 Jahren.

RE: Decrypting password

New Member Beiträge: 24 Beitrittsdatum: 18.07.06 Neueste Beiträge
Has anyone managed to decrept the database saved password? I need to decrept it.
Tod Thomas, geändert vor 17 Jahren.

Junior Member Beiträge: 57 Beitrittsdatum: 22.06.06 Neueste Beiträge
What encryption algorithm is being used in both of these cases?
thumbnail
Brian Chan, geändert vor 17 Jahren.

Liferay Master Beiträge: 753 Beitrittsdatum: 05.08.04 Neueste Beiträge
That's the right code. It shouldn't be returning null though. We're using that in several places in the core code. Which app server?

I am using Jboss with tomcat and Liferay Portal Enterprise 4.1.0
and this is how I am getting my company object

Company company = themeDisplay.getCompany(); could this be my problem?

I am sorry the company. getkey obj comes back with something. The algo is DES and this is the line where it fails

byte[] decryptedBytes = cipher.doFinal(encryptedBytes);

This is the exception I am getting
javax.crypto.IllegalBlockSizeException: Input length must be multiple of 8 when decrypting with padded cipher.

Please help.
Tod Thomas, geändert vor 17 Jahren.

Junior Member Beiträge: 57 Beitrittsdatum: 22.06.06 Neueste Beiträge
kamakazi kamakazi:
I am sorry the company. getkey obj comes back with something. The algo is DES and this is the line where it fails

byte[] decryptedBytes = cipher.doFinal(encryptedBytes);

This is the exception I am getting
javax.crypto.IllegalBlockSizeException: Input length must be multiple of 8 when decrypting with padded cipher.

Please help.

I believe that using DES as a padded block cipher you need to make sure that the target of your decryption (the ciphertext) is aligned on 8 bit boundries. If the ciphertext is less than 8 bits you'll need to pad it with something like binary 0's.

The message you got above seems to imply the ciphertext hasn't been padded up to 8 bits prior to the attempt to decrypt it.