Foren

release date of 6.0.5 ?

Laurent Michenaud, geändert vor 13 Jahren.

release date of 6.0.5 ?

New Member Beiträge: 14 Beitrittsdatum: 01.06.10 Neueste Beiträge
Hi,

We want to upgrade our liferay version. At this time, we
are still using 6.0.1.

I have seen in Jira that there is only 4 bugs left to fix
for liferay 6.0.5.
Can i hope a new release in the next days ? maybe next week ?

If it will take time before releasing, we'll use 6.0.4.

Thanks for your response.

Best regards.
thumbnail
Samuel Liu, geändert vor 13 Jahren.

RE: release date of 6.0.5 ?

Expert Beiträge: 301 Beitrittsdatum: 27.05.10 Neueste Beiträge
Hi Laurent,

End of this week if we don't run into problems. Yeah the JIRA says we have 3% to go till we're there emoticon

Thanks!

Warm regards,
Sam
thumbnail
Tobias S. Käfer, geändert vor 13 Jahren.

Regular Member Beiträge: 128 Beitrittsdatum: 28.03.08 Neueste Beiträge
I am stunned emoticon
Approximately one year without any updates.
And suddently: About one update per week!

Keep it up!
thumbnail
Ziggy ©, geändert vor 13 Jahren.

Expert Beiträge: 293 Beitrittsdatum: 08.06.08 Neueste Beiträge
Interesting.. emoticon
thumbnail

Hi all,

6.0.5 has been delayed, unfortunately. If there's a bug that's already been fixed that you really need (e.g Active Directory, WebDAV for Win7 -- both are fixed), you can get the bundle with the latest stuff in it via our nightly builds emoticon

Warm regards,
Sam
thumbnail
Simon Gołębiewski, geändert vor 13 Jahren.

Regular Member Beiträge: 246 Beitrittsdatum: 08.06.09 Neueste Beiträge
Samuel Liu:
Hi all,

6.0.5 has been delayed, unfortunately. If there's a bug that's already been fixed that you really need (e.g Active Directory, WebDAV for Win7 -- both are fixed), you can get the bundle with the latest stuff in it via our nightly builds emoticon

Warm regards,
Sam

Sam,

Could you create and maintain a wiki page with all dates for known releases? Just release version and date.

With such page there will be no need for all those "release date of 6.X..." posts emoticon

Cheers,
Simon
thumbnail

Great suggestion Simon.

I actually don't know all the release dates -- I only know when our next one seems to be coming out, because it all depends on how fast our team fixes all the big bugs. We don't release until we are certain that the release has no big bugs. However, having a page with release dates (even the past ones) is nice if we want to give like a rough estimate of when the next release is. I know that everyone seems to really want to know some dates...

I'll talk to people and see if it's possible that we come up with some good estimates, and put it on a wiki page.

Also: I posted Liferay Community Documentation Cleanup this community cleanup thread yesterday. I hope people look at this and help us out a bit emoticon

I've currently printed out a list of *all* the wiki articles (it's long) and we're trying to reorganize where everything should go. The tasks in that community cleanup are important though, because once we've reorganized the next step is to categorize by version and standardize the information so that it's trustworthy and well-written.

Warm regards,
Sam
thumbnail
Simon Gołębiewski, geändert vor 13 Jahren.

Regular Member Beiträge: 246 Beitrittsdatum: 08.06.09 Neueste Beiträge
Samuel Liu:
I've currently printed out a list of *all* the wiki articles (it's long) and we're trying to reorganize where everything should go.

Warm regards,
Sam

Such list of all page will be very usefull for Liferay Wiki Cleaning Project but it could also serve as index for all pages in wiki.

For one of our projects we came up with smimilar idea http://futures.pl/web/guest/wiki . As you can see all wiki pages are grouped by the first letter. There is not much to see (this site was released just 2 months ago) but you will get the idea. This is just a simple asset publisher view and I can share it with you (just tell me on email how and where).

Cheers,
Szymon
thumbnail

Hi Simon!

Can't thank you enough for all the input you give us. If you have anything to send me just drop it by samuel.liu [at] liferay.com.

We'll probably start a googledoc with a lot of the info. The page list I will probably post somewhere and link everything, though give us a week or so to get these things started. This week we're buckling down (starting today) to turn the wiki page organization into an unorphaned tree, which is a ton of work.

If I suddenly become unresponsive on the forum it's because of this task at hand, so feel free to hit me with email, which I will check for sure when I get time.

Thanks!
Sam
thumbnail

Hi all,

The 6.0.5GA release is scheduled for today. It should be out by tonight.

Sorry for the delay: with each service pack there are specific bugs that need to be fixed prior to release. If you're interested in seeing our progress for each release, you can look in our JIRA and it should have some information about Liferay Community Portal, our code sprints (just sort to see how many bugs are left in a specific sprint) and our ticket percentages.

Note: If our bugfixing progress is satisfactory to you at some point (e.g. there was a bug that you wanted fixed, it was fixed, but we still haven't released), you can actually get our bundle from the nightly builds. These packages are built from trunk, our main development branch, so if a bug is fixed in JIRA, it should be in the nightly build the day after.

Be warned, we don't smoke test the nightly builds. Some days, they may contain weird bugs (if some wayward developer breaks trunk somehow). Other days, they will be perfectly fine and include many bug fixes. This is the nature of developmental builds.

Warm regards,
Sam
thumbnail
Ziggy ©, geändert vor 13 Jahren.

Expert Beiträge: 293 Beitrittsdatum: 08.06.08 Neueste Beiträge
Thanks for that Sam. I looked at the Jira and cant find out how to look at the code sprints. When you say "Code Sprints" do you mean this page? http://issues.liferay.com/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&mode=hide&sorter/order=DESC&sorter/field=priority&resolution=-1&pid=10952&fixfor=10642

That page is showing 81 issues. Does it mean that if the number of issues is 0 it means the delivery is about to be delivered? How exactly do i monitor progress of the next release by looking at Jira? It is a bit confusing as i've never used it so some tips would be great emoticon

Thanks
thumbnail

Hi Ziggy,

When you're filtering, you can see there "--Sprint 7/10" and "--Sprint 8/10"

Those are generally issues that we have acknowledged and we try to get them worked on within the month. You'll see that we only got to about half of the ones in the 7/10 sprint. They will eventually be moved to a next sprint (or if they're important enough, they get moved to a release).

The best way to monitor actual release progress is to look at the roadmap view, which I have taken a screenshot of for you. That shows how many issues remain until we release.

In the case of 6.0.5, some bugs we've decided to move to the next release, so what you're seeing there is a progress bar that's almost complete. We will release today because we think the package is stable enough, but those bugs will be resolved in a coming release.

The progress bar is probably the best indicator of about when a release will happen - a release would never happen unless the progress bar were at least that far. I believe last release we had ~3% of the issues left when we released: if the progress bar is done, then the release is sure to happen.

Our goal is to release whenever we have not only fixed a target # of bugs (especially when there are more serious ones like WebDAV and LDAP bugs), but also when we have tested it enough so that it is suitable for normal use. That is one of the main differences between a release and a nightly build -- the amount of testing that goes into a packaged release.

Hope this has been helpful emoticon Trying our best to keep everyone informed and work hard to fix the bugs as fast as we can! JIRA is undergoing a reorganization right now too -- I will keep everyone posted if something major happens.

Warm regards,
Sam
thumbnail

Hi all,

Sorry for the delay. Please see Brian Chan's blog. Liferay GA3 is out! The front page hasn't been updated yet, but you can already download the official release from sourceforge.

Warm regards,
Sam
thumbnail
Sohui Gu, geändert vor 13 Jahren.

Regular Member Beiträge: 115 Beitrittsdatum: 07.07.06 Neueste Beiträge
Nice work!!
Blue Coat, geändert vor 13 Jahren.

New Member Beiträge: 13 Beitrittsdatum: 10.02.10 Neueste Beiträge
Great work and keep up the timely releases.
thumbnail
Sohui Gu, geändert vor 13 Jahren.

Regular Member Beiträge: 115 Beitrittsdatum: 07.07.06 Neueste Beiträge
Keep it up!!Liferay!!emoticon
thumbnail

Hi all, some users have reported a major IE bug. I'll see what direction this is taking, but just be warned that we might have to issue a 6.0.6 or maybe a re-released 6.0.5 to address the issue.

Warm regards,
Sam
fastbob fastbob, geändert vor 13 Jahren.

Regular Member Beiträge: 221 Beitrittsdatum: 16.05.05 Neueste Beiträge
Obviously not good news, but a major thanks for the heads-up! It's really appreciated.
thumbnail

Thanks for your support guys, we're doing our best emoticon

Warm regards,
Sam
thumbnail
Olaf Kock, geändert vor 13 Jahren.

RE: release date of 6.0.5 ? (Antwort)

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 6403 Beitrittsdatum: 23.09.08 Neueste Beiträge
As I'm browsing through the forums: Note Nate's description of how to get rid of the IE problem
thumbnail

Yup! It's been fixed and in trunk. Either patch it from there, or try tonight's nightly build emoticon

Warm regards,
Sam
thumbnail
Puj Z, geändert vor 13 Jahren.

Regular Member Beiträge: 220 Beitrittsdatum: 14.01.10 Neueste Beiträge
Hi Samuel,

are there any updates on 6.0.6 release-date or the "re-release" of 6.0.5?

Thanks for the info in advance,
Puj