Foren

welcome page is not loading correctly

Foong Porter, geändert vor 8 Jahren.

welcome page is not loading correctly

New Member Beiträge: 11 Beitrittsdatum: 18.04.15 Neueste Beiträge
I am new to Liferay. And this is my first post.
I would like to post the question to the similar thread. But I had a hard time to find the old post with the similar issue.

My welcome page is not loading correctly. The dockbar mess up but I don't know where to fix the problem.
My Catalina.out has the following WARNing:
WARN [liferay/hot_deploy-1][ThemeLocalServiceImpl:156] No theme found for specified theme id valamislearntheme_WAR_valamislearntheme. Returning the default theme.
WARN [http-bio-8080-exec-6][code_jsp:?] {code="404", msg="/wiki/Special:Search", uri=/wiki/Special:Search}
WARN: The method class org.apache.commons.logging.impl.SLF4JLogFactory#release() was invoked.
WARN: Please see http://www.slf4j.org/codes.html#release for an explanation.
WARN [liferay/hot_deploy-1][ThemeLocalServiceImpl:156] No theme found for specified theme id valamislearntheme_WAR_valamislearntheme. Returning the default theme.

Question 1. I do not need to have valamislearntheme. "Returning the default theme " is okay for me now. Can someone show me how to correct these errors so the dockbar load correctly to the right corner ?

Question 2. If I want to have a new theme. what files do I need to change ?

I appreciate your help.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
thumbnail
Olaf Kock, geändert vor 8 Jahren.

RE: welcome page is not loading correctly

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 6403 Beitrittsdatum: 23.09.08 Neueste Beiträge
You can change the theme to "classic" in the Page Administration - that should get rid of the log message for a theme that's not found. Note that you can do this for individual pages or for all public or all private pages. Most likely you want to do it on the top level.

As of the dockbar, my assumption is that you have multiple plugins that overload some jsp in the dockbar, effectively damaging it. You might want to try to stop Liferay, redeploy the webapps/ROOT folder from scratch and also remove some of the plugins that you might already deploy to Liferay (to get rid of the duplicate overrides).

It's hard to say what plugins introduce conflicts (or if I'm wrong with this assumption). Best would be to install the ext plugin that I'm linking in the blog article - that will definitely tell you. However, you should first install the ext plugin, start/stop Liferay, then restore the webapps/ROOT directory so that you can be sure that everything will be caught.
thumbnail
Nitin Yeola, geändert vor 8 Jahren.

Junior Member Beiträge: 64 Beitrittsdatum: 16.01.14 Neueste Beiträge
Hi Foong,

For question 2.

You need to create new theme using liferay plugins
In this theme you get following structure where you can do changes and write your own css

theme-project-name]/
-docroot/
-_diffs/ (subfolders not created by default)
- css/
- images/
- js/
- templates/

Regards
Nitin

Thank you Olaf and Nitin. Very sorry for the late reply. I have not login since then.
Since I needed to learn to build portlet , I end up reinstalled Liferay.

Foong
by the way, is there a setting for send notification to my email if someone answer my post ?
thumbnail
James Falkner, geändert vor 8 Jahren.

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 1399 Beitrittsdatum: 17.09.10 Neueste Beiträge
Foong Porter:
Thank you Olaf and Nitin. Very sorry for the late reply. I have not login since then.
Since I needed to learn to build portlet , I end up reinstalled Liferay.

Foong
by the way, is there a setting for send notification to my email if someone answer my post ?

Hey Foong - welcome (back) to the community! If you have your email address configured in your "My Account" for your liferay.com account then you can click 'Subscribe" to each forum post (or to an entire category ,or all categories).

Also, when replying, you'll see a "Subscribe Me" button below the text entry box.

Thank you for your tip. I will learn how to use this forum more often. Especially, I have so many questions to ask and many problem to fix.

Foong