Foren

JSR168 compliance of Liferay

scrut scrut, geändert vor 18 Jahren.

New Member Beiträge: 2 Beitrittsdatum: 12.05.05 Neueste Beiträge
Liferay claims to be JSR168 compliant so it can deploy any portlet.<br /><br />However, I was told that this is not quite the case. I was told that the portlets in liferay are tailored for your struts architecture - concluding that interoperability is not possible.<br /><br />Well - since I have not tried to deploy another portlet in liferay, I&#39;d like to ask if that above claim is true.<br /><br />I need to be able to develop my own personal portlet which needs to fully integrate into the portal regarding user management, role management, search function, single sign on and central template design handling.<br /><br />At the same time I want to be able to deploy this portlet in Liferay, eXo and JBoss portal at the same time. Without making changes.<br />The bottom line is that I don&#39;t want to bind my project to a specific portal framework.<br /><br />Is that possible? How?<br /><br />Is the above claim true?<br /><br />Thanks<br /><br />Matt<br /><br />
JeffEastman JeffEastman, geändert vor 18 Jahren.

New Member Beitrag: 1 Beitrittsdatum: 12.05.05 Neueste Beiträge
I doubt you can achieve all of your goals. I tried extracting the wiki portlet from Liferay and it has a lot of dependencies on portal code that pretty much makes it impossible to extract. I believe if you write a pure, self-standing JSR-168 portlet you can achieve this portability, however, obtaining the authentication, search and permissions you desire will tie you back into the portal code.
thumbnail
Jorge Ferrer, geändert vor 18 Jahren.

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 2871 Beitrittsdatum: 31.08.06 Neueste Beiträge
Hi Scrut,<br /><br />Liferay is truely JSR168 compliant and passes the TCK 100%. This means that you can deploy any JSR168 compliant portlet and it will work.<br /><br />Besides Liferay includes added features to ease development. This are targeted to developers which are writing portlet specific portlets. This is not exclusive to Liferay, all portals do the same as the JSR168 does not cover a lot of topics. The extra features can be grouped into:<br />1) Custom portlet configuration and controllers to ease development such as StrutsPortlet or JSPPortlet<br />2) Custom API to access users and search service. The way to modify the look&amp;feel is also liferay specific as the JSR168 does not talk about this.<br /><br />To summarize, you cannot achieve everything you want by following JSR168, you would need the extra features of each portal. The only solution would be to create wrappers for each of the portals and use a general API from your portlets.