Foren

Eclipse Source Formatter rules?

Tom Witmer, geändert vor 13 Jahren.

Eclipse Source Formatter rules?

New Member Beiträge: 22 Beitrittsdatum: 27.07.09 Neueste Beiträge
I'm using Eclipse (latest) to do some Liferay customization. However, I don't know what source formatter rules to use so my code matches the "Liferay style". I've searched the forums, documentation, and wiki but no luck.

If there are no Eclipse formatter rules, is there any other kind of tool that would format my customized code into the Liferay style? Or is this all freeform?

I'll keep experimenting with some settings to see how close I can get. I'll post the settings here if it's good enough and there's interest.
Tom Witmer, geändert vor 13 Jahren.

RE: Eclipse Source Formatter rules?

Well of course after posting this, I finally find something (via google): http://www.liferay.com/community/wiki/-/wiki/Main/Liferay%20Development%20Style#section-Liferay+Development+Style-FormatSource

There's a link to an Eclipse formatter in here, although I'm still seeing a lot of differences, so something is still off. I'll continue tweaking from here to see if I can get it any closer, but again I'd prefer to have the real formatter rules, if such exist.
Tom Witmer, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

RE: Eclipse Source Formatter rules? (Antwort)

Just to close this out completely... looks like there's an Ant target in the hook projects for formatting code to Liferay spec, but since we've transitioned from an EXT project to a hook, matching the Liferay code style isn't important any more.