Foren

Limit navigation items based on roles/groups

Andy Harb, geändert vor 14 Jahren.

Limit navigation items based on roles/groups

Junior Member Beiträge: 66 Beitrittsdatum: 22.10.09 Neueste Beiträge
I have developed my own navigation menu which works great. It displays exactly as I would expect and hides the navigation items when the "Hidden" box is checked on the page settings. However, what I would like to implement next is limiting what the users can see based on their roles.

Over simplified version of what I'm doing.
#foreach ($nav_item in $nav_items)
    <li>$nav_item.getName()</li>
  #end

This will display all the top level navigation items in the community. However, lets say I have a top level navigation item called "Members" that I want only users who are permission to view it to see. Is there a way to return back only the children nav items or layout that the current user is permission to view? So in the example given if I wasn't logged in i wouldn't see the "Members" item listed.
Oliver Bayer, geändert vor 14 Jahren.

RE: Limit navigation items based on roles/groups

Liferay Master Beiträge: 894 Beitrittsdatum: 18.02.09 Neueste Beiträge
Hi Andy,

maybe you can use $permissionChecker.hasPermission(...) inside the foreach loop to check for view rights. Use AktionKeys.<right> e.g. ActionKeys.VIEW.

Oli
Andy Harb, geändert vor 14 Jahren.

Junior Member Beiträge: 66 Beitrittsdatum: 22.10.09 Neueste Beiträge
Thanks Oli,

So I played around with it more and found out that the $navItems variable available in the theme returns what you would expect in terms of permissions & view controls.

The problem I was having was in the Layout Management section when i was using the $layout variable. The $layout.getChildren() will return all the navigation items regardless of permissions. Where as the $navItems.getChildren() will return only children that are visible to the current user.

Does anyone know if there is a way to grab the current Navigation Item based on the page you are on? This way i can build out the sub-navigation based off it.

Edit:
Solution
$layout.getChildren($permissionChecker)
thumbnail
Pilar Hidalgo, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

New Member Beiträge: 14 Beitrittsdatum: 10.04.12 Neueste Beiträge
Hi,

I have the same problem.. where goes the code of your solution? thanks!
Oliver Bayer, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

Liferay Master Beiträge: 894 Beitrittsdatum: 18.02.09 Neueste Beiträge
Hi Pilar,

the mentioned code snippet should be put in your custom theme e.g. into the navigation.vm.

HTH Oli