Foren

Hebrew translation?

Eliav G, geändert vor 14 Jahren.

Hebrew translation?

New Member Beitrag: 1 Beitrittsdatum: 18.03.10 Neueste Beiträge
Hi,

Does anybody knows when Liferay is planned to have an Hebrew translation?

TNX
Eliav
thumbnail
Assaf Yakir, geändert vor 14 Jahren.

RE: Hebrew translation?

New Member Beiträge: 17 Beitrittsdatum: 30.01.09 Neueste Beiträge
Hi Eliav,

It's great to see there's actual interest in a Hebrew translation for Liferay. The unofficial answer to your question, as is the case with any other open source project based on community involvement and contribution, is that if you'd like to see Liferay in Hebrew, why not translate it and share with others? I myself am currently working on such a translation, hopefully to be shipped with the next LP 6 release.

Of course you're more than welcome to help carry the load, which can only speed up the process.

Regards,

Assaf
shay gabay, geändert vor 13 Jahren.

New Member Beitrag: 1 Beitrittsdatum: 09.05.10 Neueste Beiträge
I would like to help and contribute with Hebrew translation for LP6

Please let me know what have you done & finished and what are the open issues for that matter?
thumbnail
Assaf Yakir, geändert vor 13 Jahren.

שי שלום,

משמח לדעת שיש ביקוש לתרגום. למרבה הצער, הייתי מוצף בעבודה בשבועות האחרונים, ולא התפניתי בכלל לגשת לעבודה על התרגום.
עבודת התרגום כוללת מעל ל-4000 שורות, ביטויים והודעות, והיא בהחלט גוזלת זמן רב.

יש לי תרגומים קיימים, בהם כמובן אני עושה שימוש, לארבע הגרסאות האחרונות, עד 5.2.3, אבל יהיה מאד קשה לצפות מה השתנה בתרגום במעבר ל-6.0.1.

אם אתה מעוניין להתחיל בינתיים בתרגום, בדוק ב-SVN הציבורי של Liferay וחפש את Language.properties העדכני.

אני מקווה מאד להספיק לפני שחרור הגרסא החדשה.

בברכה,

אסף

thumbnail
Assaf Yakir, geändert vor 13 Jahren.

Shay, how familiar are you with liferay? It goes without saying, but don't hesitate to contact me at any time for help with the translation - context is a big issue at first.

iData has been developing java based, large scale web solutions for a while now, and among others, we've been using Liferay as our main framework in several major projects for our clients. And apart from minor issues we've encountered, Liferay is without a doubt one of the best.

I'd love to contribute as much as I can, and I know I promised to have the translation on time for the next release, but I just don't have the time right now.
thumbnail
Rami Grossman, geändert vor 13 Jahren.

New Member Beiträge: 18 Beitrittsdatum: 09.09.08 Neueste Beiträge
Hi guys, we at Bnei Baruch are using Liferay as a platform for our learning center in English. We are planning to make an Hebrew version soon.
I have somewhere (need to find) an about 3200 strings translated to Hebrew (version 5.1 I think). We did the translation about a year ago. But it's just part of the work. We found out that the RTL version that Liferay has is not so good. So there should be done some work to make all the portlets RTL.
I'll be glad to join forces with you guys and share the translation.
Also I'd like you to help integrate Hebrew into liferay officially.
You can contact me at ramigg at gmail dot com
thumbnail
Julio Camarero, geändert vor 13 Jahren.

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 1668 Beitrittsdatum: 15.07.08 Neueste Beiträge
Hi guys,

it would be fine to start with a simple version (maybe with that translation from 5.1) so that it is easier for everyone to contribute.

If you all agree we can add that translation to liferay 6 and start collaborating from that once hebrew is officially included in liferay.

We don't have much time before releasing liferay6, and I think it would be great to have an initial translation to hebrew in the product, even if it is not very good yet.

Cheers
thumbnail

Hi Julio,

I'll be very glad to share the translation.
I have it in XLS format. Hope it's enough for you.

It will be wonderful if you can make it an official Hebrew translation in Liferay 6.

See attached file...

Tell me what you need to complete the translation and it will be done.
Send me the missing strings for Liferay 6 which you won't find on the attached file.
thumbnail

Please ignore the previous file.

This one attached here is the complete one

10x!
thumbnail

Hi Rami,

thanks a lot for the contribution. I think I will be able to add today the hebrew language to liferay.

I just need you to go here: http://issues.liferay.com/browse/LPS-9502 and click on the "Contribute solution" link at the left. (It will ask you to accept the contribution agreement).

Thanks so much!
thumbnail

For some reason I can't login to Jira. I tried to reset my password but it says that there is no acount with my user nor account with my email.
I checked my profile page and it looks like the Jira portlet is configured.

Please reset my account so I'll be able to follow your request.

10x!
thumbnail

Hi Rami,

you have to create a new account in JIRA. After that you will be able to login using that account.

Thank you!
thumbnail

Hi everyone,

thanks to Rami we have an initial version of Hebrew in trunk! You can update to trunk and use the language portlet to test it.

As this translation was done for 5.1, there are a lot of strings missing for the current version.

In order to go on improving this translation, who would like to be the leader of this translation? (Rami, Assaf.... ?) We have one leader per language, so that if somebody wants to contribute an improvement for a language, we ask the leader to validate it first. The leader must be an active person who is subscribed to this forum so that we can ping him to review others' improvements to his language.

You can obtain the current version of the translation here:
svn://svn.liferay.com/repos/public/portal/trunk/portal-impl/src/content/Language_iw.native.properties

You will find all the new (not localized) strings easily because they all end with the text "(Automatic Copy)", and the English translation so that it is easy to understand.

We can use this forum to coordinate our efforts and have a good hebrew translation before we release liferay 6 (probably in 3 weeks time).
Let us know here what you are planning to do and as soon as you have made a lot of improvements on this file, you can create a JIRA ticket, attach the patch file there and let us know about it with a message in this thread.

Thanks a lot guys!
thumbnail
Rami Grossman, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

Hi Hulio,
I saw that on Pootle you don't have the whole Liferay. It would be great to add what is missing

thanks!
Rami
thumbnail
Julio Camarero, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

We will try to add the whole portal this week. We will post an annoucement here once it is ready, thanks a lot!
thumbnail

Hi Julio,
I did a few fixes to Liferay core on translate.liferay.com - There is a lot of work because many strings are out of context :-)

Who approves these strings? If there is noone I can do it for now.
thumbnail

Hi Rami,

now you have permissions to submit and approve Hebrew translations.

Thanks a lot!
thumbnail

Hi Julio,
We are now working on fixing the right to left layout. This week I hope we'll have fixed version and I'll attach it to this thread.
thumbnail

Hi Julio,

Seems like there is a problem downloading the .properties file for offlie translation. I receive an error when trying to export the localization file (some permissions issue).
See attached screenshot

Thanks!
thumbnail

Hi Rami,

we were notified of this problem last week. It only affects some languages and we are researching it. We will let you know in this forum as soon as it is fixed.

Thanks a lot for letting us know!
thumbnail

Thanks, we really need it.
Two Hebrew/RTL related questions:
1. I could export the XLIFF version. Is there a utility to convert this format to the java .properties?
2. The current Liferay solution is not really usable for RTL languages. The CSS team is not really taking it into consideration. In our organization we have CSS experts which already started creating a css file that fixes most of the RTL issues (some are embedded in code so need to create hooks to fix those...). We want to contribute this to Liferay so RTL will be really usable in Arabic, Hebrew, etc. Is there someone in Liferay that could guide us in this effort?
thumbnail

For question #1 I succeeded to convert xliff to properties with the Translate Toolkit.
Its not straightforward though.
thumbnail

Hi Rami,

I can help you with this process. Can you create a JIRA ticket for it? If you upload your changes (as a patch) there, trying to follow the liferay code conventions and click on "contribute solution" in order to accept the contribution agreement, I would be able to help you include those changes in liferay.

Thanks a lot!