Foren

Url encoding problem with virtual hosts?

Petteri Karttunen, geändert vor 14 Jahren.

Url encoding problem with virtual hosts?

New Member Beitrag: 1 Beitrittsdatum: 11.03.10 Neueste Beiträge
Hello,

I'm using Liferay 5.2.3 with Tomcat 6 on Ubuntu 9.10. My problem is that the link urls in Asset Publisher's title list are not working with some characters when using Liferay's virtual host names for organization's pages.

For example, I have a web content article titled "test!". Without virtual host -definition for the organization's pages the article shows up normally in the Asset Publisher and the link also opens the article in the AP. If I however define the virtual host name, the link shows up but won't open the article in the publisher any more. It just redirects the browser to the same page. If I take the exclamation mark away from the title the link works with both configurations.

From the page source I also noticed that the link itself (in both configurations) is not encoded "...test%21" but "...test!". The "redirect" parameter in the link url is however urlencoded.

Example url: http://virtualdomain/home/-/asset_publisher/Kw2S/content/test!?redirect=%2F

Is this possibly a configuration problem or a bug?

Thanks!
thumbnail
Lisa Simpson, geändert vor 14 Jahren.

RE: Url encoding problem with virtual hosts?

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 2034 Beitrittsdatum: 05.03.09 Neueste Beiträge
Yes.... welcome to the club! There are a LOT of things in Liferay that don't handle special characters properly or at all. Jorge *nudge* has promised that this will get on the road map to get fixed.

You should see what happens with a Cyrillic or Chinese site....