Foren

problems using tomcat-eclipse with liferay, whereas tomcat with liferay is

Koen Cleynhens, geändert vor 14 Jahren.

problems using tomcat-eclipse with liferay, whereas tomcat with liferay is

Junior Member Beiträge: 83 Beitrittsdatum: 23.02.10 Neueste Beiträge
Well I tried first to have a working situation with tomcat and liferay (and postgresql). This is working fine (although I have to modify some jar settings from other applications inside the tomcat).

Now I want to startup tomcat from within my eclipse environment. And I made a project liferay, and modify the context file so teh doc directory is not tomcat/webapp/liferay but the one in eclipse. I can startup tomcat server without any error or warning.

But then there is a kind of reloading ([com.liferay.portal.plugin.PluginPackageUtil] - <Reloading repositories>), and then I receive the one error after the other (all the same, but in different threadpools)

Exception in thread "liferay/search_writer" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.apache.lucene.document.Document.add(Lorg/apache/lucene/document/Fieldable;)V
at com.liferay.portal.search.lucene.LuceneIndexWriterImpl._getLuceneDocument(LuceneIndexWriterImpl.java:138)
at com.liferay.portal.search.lucene.LuceneIndexWriterImpl.addDocument(LuceneIndexWriterImpl.java:58)
at com.liferay.portal.search.lucene.LuceneIndexWriterImpl.updateDocument(LuceneIndexWriterImpl.java:106)

I search already on the web, and I guess the problem is related to two jar files with same class but different version and behaviour. There are more such jar files that are also defined in our global jar pool (egg pdfbox.jar)

Can someone help me? Can I specify that liferay has to use the jars in the WEB-INF/lib directory and not the one in the global environment?

Or maybe the problem is related to something other...
thumbnail
Lisa Simpson, geändert vor 14 Jahren.

RE: problems using tomcat-eclipse with liferay, whereas tomcat with liferay

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 2034 Beitrittsdatum: 05.03.09 Neueste Beiträge
Since this is about eclipse, you might try posting in "Development" instead of "Installation" (which is for people having problems installing Liferay itself). Posting in the right place makes it more likely for you to get an answer.