Foren

Liferay & Java EE 6: link broken, AS obsolete beta version ?

Enrico Molino, geändert vor 14 Jahren.

Liferay & Java EE 6: link broken, AS obsolete beta version ?

New Member Beiträge: 10 Beitrittsdatum: 24.02.10 Neueste Beiträge
Hi to all,
we want migrate a Java EE 6 Glassfish v3 project to Liferay CE bundled with Glassfish v3.
It is the first time I try to use Liferay, but I am a little discouraged emoticon

First of all, the URL for Liferay bundled with Glassfish v3 is broken.

Anyway, I downloaded from SourceForge the file liferay-portal-glassfish-5.2.3.zip, I think the correct one.

But this one is bundled with a beta version of Glassfish, unusable for us (and we have also experienced many problem with EJB 3.1...simply it dont work).

Is there a version bundled with Glassfish v3 final release ? If not, can I integrate
manually Liferay with Glassfish ?

If both responses are "no", when will it be released Liferay CE with Glassfish v3 final ?

And what about the Enterprise Edition ? Is it already updated to support Glassfish v3 ?

Thanks very much!

Enrico
thumbnail
Amos Fong, geändert vor 14 Jahren.

RE: Liferay & Java EE 6: link broken, AS obsolete beta version ?

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 2047 Beitrittsdatum: 07.10.08 Neueste Beiträge
Hey Enrico,

Have you looked at the admin guide for 5.2?
http://www.liferay.com/documentation/5.2

There is a section on deploying Liferay on an existing app server (I think i saw Glassfish v3.x). Maybe you can use that to try to manually deploy Liferay on Glassfish v3.
Enrico Molino, geändert vor 14 Jahren.

New Member Beiträge: 10 Beitrittsdatum: 24.02.10 Neueste Beiträge
Thanks very much! I am reading the administration guide

Anyway, the first step:

1. Obtain the Liferay .war file and the dependencies archive.

It is already not so user friendly to do: I am confused by Liferay download page, because a generic version to deploy into a generic application server is NOT listed, but there are only bundled version.

I dont know why it is not listed (with also a web page with instructions, or simply a text line "read administration guide page 27 for install instructions"...and the link to administration guide), maybe it is not official supported ?

I think the file is liferay-portal-5.2.3.war + liferay-portal-dependencies-5.2.3.zip, or liferay-portal-5.2.3-with-dependencies.war will be the same ?

I test it now...

Enrico
thumbnail
Amos Fong, geändert vor 14 Jahren.

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 2047 Beitrittsdatum: 07.10.08 Neueste Beiträge
1. Obtain the Liferay .war file and the dependencies archive.

It is already not so user friendly to do: I am confused by Liferay download page, because a generic version to deploy into a generic application server is NOT listed, but there are only bundled version.

The war and dependencies can be found here:
http://www.liferay.com/downloads/liferay-portal/additional-files