Foren

Problem Using Sun Portlet Container With LifeRay 5.2.3 On Mac Snow Leopard

Bruce Phillips, geändert vor 14 Jahren.

Problem Using Sun Portlet Container With LifeRay 5.2.3 On Mac Snow Leopard

New Member Beiträge: 2 Beitrittsdatum: 17.02.10 Neueste Beiträge
I'm using Liferay 5.2.3 with Tomcat 6.0.18 on Mac OS X (Snow Leopard)

I added portal-ext.properties file with the following:

portlet.container.impl=sun

I placed portal-ext.properties in Tomcat 6.0.18 webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/classes folder.

I then restarted Liferay and redeployed the portlet applications I had created.

None of the portlets worked.

The stack trace for each deployment has this error:

java.io.FileNotFoundException: file:/Users/brucephillips/opt/Liferay/liferay-portal-5.2.3/tomcat-6.0.18/temp/web253526460103772001.xml (No such file or directory)
at java.io.FileOutputStream.open(Native Method)
at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:179)
at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:70)
at org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerIdentityImpl.createResultContentHandler(TransformerIdentityImpl.java:253)
at org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerIdentityImpl.transform(TransformerIdentityImpl.java:296)
at com.sun.portal.portletcontainer.warupdater.PortletWebAppUpdater.createUpdatedFile(PortletWebAppUpdater.java:305)
at com.sun.portal.portletcontainer.warupdater.PortletWebAppUpdater.addWebAppParam(PortletWebAppUpdater.java:216)
at com.sun.portal.portletcontainer.warupdater.PortletWarUpdater.preparePortlet(PortletWarUpdater.java:270)
at com.liferay.portal.tools.deploy.BaseDeployer.deployDirectory(BaseDeployer.java:440)
at com.liferay.portal.tools.deploy.BaseDeployer.deployFile(BaseDeployer.java:739)
at com.liferay.portal.tools.deploy.BaseDeployer.deployFile(BaseDeployer.java:676)
at com.liferay.portal.tools.deploy.BaseDeployer.deploy(BaseDeployer.java:407)
at com.liferay.portal.deploy.auto.PortletAutoDeployer.autoDeploy(PortletAutoDeployer.java:99)
at com.liferay.portal.deploy.auto.PortletAutoDeployListener.deploy(PortletAutoDeployListener.java:84)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.auto.AutoDeployDir.processFile(AutoDeployDir.java:196)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.auto.AutoDeployDir.scanDirectory(AutoDeployDir.java:144)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.auto.AutoDeployScanner.run(AutoDeployScanner.java:60)
14:38:22,806 INFO [PortletAutoDeployListener:87] Portlets for /Users/brucephillips/opt/Liferay/liferay-portal-5.2.3/deploy/UserRegistration.war copied successfully. Deployment will start in a few seconds.

Nothing happens after the line "Deployment will start in a few seconds..."

These portlets all worked before adding the portal-ext.properties file.

I did the following trouble-shooting steps:

1. Removed all the WAR directories from 'liferay-portal-5.2.3/tomcat-6.0.18/temp'
2. Removed the the directory 'UserRegistration' from 'liferay-portal-5.2.3/tomcat-6.0.18/webapps'

And again tried to deploy the portlet. The same error occurred.

Note that using Liferay 5.2.2 with Tomcat 5.5 on Mac OS X works fine after adding the portal-ext.properties file.
thumbnail
Lisa Simpson, geändert vor 14 Jahren.

RE: Problem Using Sun Portlet Container With LifeRay 5.2.3 On Mac Snow Leo

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 2034 Beitrittsdatum: 05.03.09 Neueste Beiträge
Tomcat 5.X != Tomcat 6

I think you've just run into one of the differences between the two.
Bruce Phillips, geändert vor 14 Jahren.

New Member Beiträge: 2 Beitrittsdatum: 17.02.10 Neueste Beiträge
I should have noted that using the Sun OpenPortal container works fine on Windows in Tomcat 6.

So the difference isn't between Tomcat 5.5 and Tomcat 6 but in Tomcat 6 on Windows vs. Tomcat 6 on the Mac in Snow Leopard.
thumbnail
Mika Koivisto, geändert vor 14 Jahren.

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 1519 Beitrittsdatum: 07.08.06 Neueste Beiträge
Is there a particular reason you are using Sun container?
thumbnail
Wayne Lund, geändert vor 14 Jahren.

New Member Beitrag: 1 Beitrittsdatum: 18.12.09 Neueste Beiträge
I think this post is coming from the "Portlets in Action" site. See Portlets in Action Forum. I'm having the same issue and am confused now. At first I thought the message was use Sun's Open Portal with Liferay because it was JSR 286 compliant whereas the default container was not. Now I think I'm hearing that its not compatible.

Anybody know for sure?

Wayne
thumbnail
Mika Koivisto, geändert vor 14 Jahren.

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 1519 Beitrittsdatum: 07.08.06 Neueste Beiträge
Liferay is JSR 286 compliant even without Sun Portlet Container. Sun portlet container is not supported in Liferay 6 anymore and there is no need for it.
Blaine Boule, geändert vor 14 Jahren.

New Member Beiträge: 15 Beitrittsdatum: 02.12.09 Neueste Beiträge
We too are currently using the Sun Portlet Container on 5.2.3. From out understanding we must use the Sun Container to leverage the XMLPortletRequest features to enable use to use JSR286 Clientside eventing.

How is this being addressed in 6.0? Will the XMLPortletRequest still be available?

Thanks