Foren

Theme crossover with communities

Tom Otvos, geändert vor 14 Jahren.

Theme crossover with communities

New Member Beiträge: 6 Beitrittsdatum: 07.08.09 Neueste Beiträge
Hello,

We are using Liferay SE 5.2.2, and have a curious issue with themes. While the majority of the site uses a common theme, we have one community that we wish to assign a different theme. The problem is that when we do this, one of two things happens:

1. The rest of the site acquires this new theme, or parts of it.
2. The exceptional community acquires parts of the old theme.

If I clear the server caches, I can get one community to display correctly, but then the other is borked. If I flip to the other community, clear the cache, and reload, then that community displays correctly and the first one is borked.

It seems like Liferay is not able to handle dynamic theme switching. Is this a known problem in 5.2.2? Is there a workaround? Is this fixed in later Liferays?

Thanks, in advance, for any advice.

-- Tom Otvos
thumbnail
Lisa Simpson, geändert vor 14 Jahren.

RE: Theme crossover with communities

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 2034 Beitrittsdatum: 05.03.09 Neueste Beiträge
We have multiple themes for individual pages even inside 5.2.3

Thanks, Lisa. Does that imply that prior to 5.2.3, having multiple themes is just a bad idea?
thumbnail
Lisa Simpson, geändert vor 14 Jahren.

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 2034 Beitrittsdatum: 05.03.09 Neueste Beiträge
I have no idea. We did an eval on Liferay 4.something and passed on it. It wasn't until 5.2.2 that we started our tinkering with it and our production deployments are all 5.2.3.

I understand that going from 5.2.2 to 5.2.3 is not exactly trivial, so I am reluctant to recommend that unless I know it works. But if you are doing it at the page level, the presumably it would work at the community level, right? Also, I believe that in 5.2.3 they have fixed the issue that prevented each community from having its own logo graphic. Do you know anything about that?

Thanks for your advice, Lisa.