steve rieger, geändert vor 14 Jahren.

5.3 ?

Expert Beiträge: 436 Beitrittsdatum: 11.09.06 Neueste Beiträge
any updates on the 5.3 release ?
thumbnail
Shepherd Ching, geändert vor 14 Jahren.

RE: 5.3 ?

Regular Member Beiträge: 153 Beitrittsdatum: 14.07.06 Neueste Beiträge
I keep on updating Liferay trunk to see its change.

Do you mean that you are waiting for 5.3 official release.

svn://svn.liferay.com/repos/public/portal/trunk
thumbnail
steve rieger, geändert vor 14 Jahren.

Expert Beiträge: 436 Beitrittsdatum: 11.09.06 Neueste Beiträge
yes waiting on the official release.

supposed to be 1/1/10
thumbnail
Rohit Rai, geändert vor 14 Jahren.

New Member Beiträge: 16 Beitrittsdatum: 20.09.08 Neueste Beiträge
I was also eagerly waiting for the same . . .

Any updates when Lieray 5.3 CE will come out?
thumbnail
Jorge Ferrer, geändert vor 14 Jahren.

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 2871 Beitrittsdatum: 31.08.06 Neueste Beiträge
Hey guys,

The .0 release will be ready during January (I know, I also predicted it would be available during December, sorry for that). Note that, as it always happens with .0 releases it will probably not be production quality yet. But it will be a release that shows all the main features and most of the minor ones, so it'll be perfect to start playing with it and to send us feedback (we'll be eager to receive it).

PS: Note that the final numbering may not be 5.3
thumbnail
Joss Sanglier, geändert vor 14 Jahren.

Junior Member Beiträge: 60 Beitrittsdatum: 15.07.09 Neueste Beiträge
I am developing a portal for an online game and will be using Liferay as it is perfect for not just developing the community but creating portlets that hard-wire into the game.

I am happy about using an early release as the development will be MONTHS! However, will we be able to easily upgrade from 5.3.0 (?) to whatever the production version of this release is without having to build the portal structure from scratch?
thumbnail
Rohit Rai, geändert vor 14 Jahren.

New Member Beiträge: 16 Beitrittsdatum: 20.09.08 Neueste Beiträge
Thanks Jorge.

Looking forward to it!
thumbnail
Simba S, geändert vor 14 Jahren.

New Member Beiträge: 14 Beitrittsdatum: 27.06.09 Neueste Beiträge
I just checked out the latest code from trunk. Except from errors while building the ext environment (ReportsEntryPersistenceImpl has unconsistent throw clauses) it started flawlessly.
But I looked for the CalDAV support that is mentioned on the Roadmap and wasn't able to find it. It would be on the export/import page, right?

Can you say which features are eventually becoming part of the 5.3 release? Is the Roadmap up-to-date?

Best regards!
Thomas Weckert, geändert vor 14 Jahren.

Junior Member Beiträge: 54 Beitrittsdatum: 10.08.09 Neueste Beiträge
Jorge Ferrer:
Hey guys,

The .0 release will be ready during January (I know, I also predicted it would be available during December, sorry for that). Note that, as it always happens with .0 releases it will probably not be production quality yet. But it will be a release that shows all the main features and most of the minor ones, so it'll be perfect to start playing with it and to send us feedback (we'll be eager to receive it).

PS: Note that the final numbering may not be 5.3

Hi Jorge,

in the Liferay release policy there exist no alpha, beta, release candidate versions etc. as with other software products. Everything that gets released gets a new version number, and that's it. It's up to the developers and users to find out if it's beta or not.

However, if you say that a release named "5.3" will not be a production release, and it's not named alpha, beta or whatsoever, people inevitably expect it to be a production ready release. The Liferay versioning and release policy is unclear to me.

Cheers, Thomas
thumbnail

Hi Thomas,

I fully agree with you, that's been an issue in the past and we've learned the lesson. This time the releases will be tagged as preview, beta, release candidate or general availability depending on its stability.
thumbnail

Will there be a logical upgrade path between the various releases of 5.3 till it gets to stable?

We are going to be working on a huge project to add a complex social network to an MMO plus designing portlets that link the portal into the game servers to give a unified approach.

Because this is a long project, we are happy to start on a preview (or whatever release) since by the time we get near finished, 5.3 should be stable. But obviously we dont want to find that we are re-inventing our own wheels too often!
thumbnail

Hi Joss,

It should be perfectly possible to start development on the preview and upgrade from ther, but be aware that it may be more work since it's not a stable version. I'd also recommend following closely the development (through SVN, JIRA or a combination of both) to notice any upgrade quirks if they happen.

We'd love to hear your feedback in the "Core development" category of this forum as you start using the new version.
thumbnail
Lucas Roberto Thomaz, geändert vor 14 Jahren.

Regular Member Beiträge: 138 Beitrittsdatum: 21.07.09 Neueste Beiträge
Hi Jorge,

Thank you for keeping us updated about the news in the version 5.3.

My principal doubt is about the High Priority features, they will be fixed for this new version, even in the "beta"?

I saw the trunk today and I saw some critical features don't corrected, like filter by permission in asset publisher.

What you can say about that? You are working with one deadline to this version?

Thanks for your time!

Lucas Thomaz
thumbnail

Hi Lucas,

Unfortunately that feature specifically will not be ready in the preview. We've been discussing the best solution for this and want to do some experiments before we add it to the release. I still hope that we'll have it ready before the GA release.
thumbnail
Lisa Simpson, geändert vor 14 Jahren.

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 2034 Beitrittsdatum: 05.03.09 Neueste Beiträge
It's a CRITICAL feature for us. It's a security fundamental to keep that which is private - private and allow that which is public to be public.

For us, even disclosing the title of a document (just one example) can be very detrimental. We have on-going research and we don't want to disclose anything until (if ever) it's ready to be published.
sbek c violanta, geändert vor 14 Jahren.

Junior Member Beiträge: 51 Beitrittsdatum: 28.09.09 Neueste Beiträge
Hello Sir,

Im a newbie in Liferay yet Im excited for the next release. Any updates regarding the release date of 5.3? thank you so much Sir!
Oliver Bayer, geändert vor 14 Jahren.

Liferay Master Beiträge: 894 Beitrittsdatum: 18.02.09 Neueste Beiträge
Hi Jorge,

I'm also waiting for the release of 5.3 to check the global journalstructure feature (and not having to define the structures at grouppage level) :-).
thumbnail
Denis Signoretto, geändert vor 14 Jahren.

Expert Beiträge: 375 Beitrittsdatum: 21.04.09 Neueste Beiträge
Hi Jeorge,

we are working on 5.2.3. What about upgrade process? There will be an easily upgrade process to 5.3?
I know that a lot of work has been done in 5.3. There will be guidelines or how-to to follow up upgrading from 5.2.x?
Is there a list of changes about API, themes, layout, portlet or portal internals?

Thanks,
Denis.
thumbnail

Reading the following I can see that some parts of upgrading could be complicated:

http://www.liferay.com/web/guest/community/wiki/-/wiki/Main/RoadMap

From the structure point of view, the merging of organizations and communities could be interesting! We have been doing most of our design work on paper for that reason and waiting for this to come out.