Foren

Can we remove, Assets, Social Activity, etc for Documents?

Gustavo Campos, geändert vor 9 Jahren.

Can we remove, Assets, Social Activity, etc for Documents?

New Member Beiträge: 21 Beitrittsdatum: 12.10.12 Neueste Beiträge
We use Liferay as a base for our system but we do not use features like Message Boards, Assets, Social Activity.

We store lots of documents using Liferay's AdvancedFileSystemStorage (~200k as of today, adding 10k/week) and I did notice that these tables (MBThread, MBMessage, MBDiscussion, AssetEntry, SocialActivity) are full of data (some have 2 million lines) related to documents (they have DLFileEntry classId).

Our database is about 8 GB currently, most because of Documents related metadata (these tables and Expando Values) and it tends to grow a lot in the next years, so I would like to ask two questions:

1) Can we safely delete those entries related to DLFileEntry on Asset, Message Boards and Social Activity ?

2) Is there a way to avoid generating those entries? Maybe some flag we can turn off?

Thanks,
Gustavo
thumbnail
Zsigmond Rab, geändert vor 9 Jahren.

RE: Can we remove, Assets, Social Activity, etc for Documents?

Liferay Master Beiträge: 728 Beitrittsdatum: 05.01.10 Neueste Beiträge
Hi Gustavo,

you can turn the discussions off with the dl.file.entry.comments.enabled property in your portal-ext.properties.

There is no ootb possibility not to create the others and you definitely shouldn't change this in case of the AssetEntry as there are a lot of things which are built up on that on system level. You could change the logic, however I really don't recommend that because that can cause a lot of headaches.

Regards,
Zsigmond
Gustavo Campos, geändert vor 9 Jahren.

New Member Beiträge: 21 Beitrittsdatum: 12.10.12 Neueste Beiträge
Hi Zsigmond,

thank you for answering quickly.

Even if I don't change the logic, can I clean these tables (Asset, Social Activity) periodically?

I would like to trace the entities relationship but I couldn't find a database model or diagram for Liferay.

Thanks,
Gustavo
thumbnail
Zsigmond Rab, geändert vor 9 Jahren.

Liferay Master Beiträge: 728 Beitrittsdatum: 05.01.10 Neueste Beiträge
Hi Gustavo,

basically, it's never recommended to remove anything from the database directly. If once you want to remove something you definitely should use the Liferay APIs.

However, you definitely should not empty the Asset table as many functions are based on that entries.

I would say the same for the Social Activity, however, that should be investigated if there is any side effect because that's possible that removing is not that painful. The table would be filled up again, though.

Regards,
Zsigmond
thumbnail
Jorge Díaz, geändert vor 7 Jahren.

Liferay Master Beiträge: 753 Beitrittsdatum: 09.01.14 Neueste Beiträge
Gustavo Campos:
We use Liferay as a base for our system but we do not use features like Message Boards, Assets, Social Activity.

We store lots of documents using Liferay's AdvancedFileSystemStorage (~200k as of today, adding 10k/week) and I did notice that these tables (MBThread, MBMessage, MBDiscussion, AssetEntry, SocialActivity) are full of data (some have 2 million lines) related to documents (they have DLFileEntry classId).

Our database is about 8 GB currently, most because of Documents related metadata (these tables and Expando Values) and it tends to grow a lot in the next years, so I would like to ask two questions:

1) Can we safely delete those entries related to DLFileEntry on Asset, Message Boards and Social Activity ?

2) Is there a way to avoid generating those entries? Maybe some flag we can turn off?

Just for the record, in following issue: https://issues.liferay.com/browse/LPS-66133 the pre-creation of comment objects (MBThread, MBMessage, MBDiscussion) was removed and now they are only created in case of adding a comment.

Next GA version of 7.0 probably will include this throughput improvement.

You can also deactivate comments funcionality in portal-ext.properties

Regards,
Jorge Díaz
thumbnail
Olaf Kock, geändert vor 4 Jahren.

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 6403 Beitrittsdatum: 23.09.08 Neueste Beiträge
ronak vora:
Getting Issue while Uploading multiple documents to liferay6.2
Please don't crosspost.