Foren

hot deploy to tomcat server through eclipse

LIfe Ray, geändert vor 14 Jahren.

hot deploy to tomcat server through eclipse

New Member Beiträge: 2 Beitrittsdatum: 17.10.09 Neueste Beiträge
Hi,

I know that to deploy a protlet, I need to copy the war file to ~/bundles/deploy directory for it to be picked up by tomcat in ~/bundles/tomcat directory.

I've setup eclipse to deploy my project to the ~/bundles/deploy directory, in an effort to directly deploy the project to a portal project running on a tomcat launched from within eclipse. This doesn't work as eclipse creates all the proper folders and files, instead of making a war file to dump in there. I know that through ant scripts and possibly other methods it's possible to make a war (which I tried manually) and copy it to the deploy directory. However, I want to be able to right click on my project and run it directly on the server (in order to debug with breakpoints , profile, and simply easy of use).

Any ideas how this is can be done? Does liferay definitely need a war file to be put in that directory or is there a workaround? Also, I haven't found any good documentation on what exactly happens when I place a war file in that directory (i.e. is it picked up by tomcat first, or by liferay , etc. ), anyone can point me in the right direction?

thanks in advance.
thumbnail
Rasto Rehak, geändert vor 14 Jahren.

RE: hot deploy to tomcat server through eclipse

Junior Member Beiträge: 66 Beitrittsdatum: 08.03.07 Neueste Beiträge
Hi

you should a bit discover how Liferay deploys wars. It modifies the web.xml and adds some jars and tlds. So you can configure Eclipse to have all changed/added files in project. It will work, usually on JSP it is very good, for java classes there could be some problems, to reload portlets just touch web.xml .
But I don't think it is good idea.
I prefer remote debugging ( on Eclipse works fine ) and standard war deploy . For small changes you can use deploy of debugger.

Rasto