Foren

Splitting setup jars for Tomcat deployment

Mrinal Kanti, geändert vor 14 Jahren.

Splitting setup jars for Tomcat deployment

New Member Beitrag: 1 Beitrittsdatum: 15.10.09 Neueste Beiträge
Hi,

I am following the documentation for setting up on an existing Tomcat installation. I read that several jars provided by Liferay need to be configured under $Tomcat_home/(common)/lib/ext folder. All these would then be loaded by the Tomcat's server classloader. Unfortunately, These jars also include several third part jars like apache commons, spring, hibernate etc which also get loaded from the server classpath. Since my Tomcat installation is shared, I am also deploying other applications on Tomcat which require a different version of these third party jars.

Apart from the JAAS configuration, I do not see any specific dependency on the server classloader (am I missing something?). Is it possible to isolate only the liferay provided jars (like JAAS impl) and load them from the server classpath and load the other third party jars from the application classpath (WEB-INF/lib)?

This way the third party jars in my Liferay install would not interfere with those of other apps.

I also see that there is a "liferay-portal-x.x.x-with-dependencies.war" available in the SF.net files download section. Should I be using this? If yes, how would I ensure JAAS is configured properly? (AFAIK setup instructions only cover loading dependencies from server classpath)

TIA,
Mrinal