Foren

Bug in nested portlets layout?

Raj Mathur, geändert vor 14 Jahren.

Bug in nested portlets layout?

New Member Beiträge: 23 Beitrittsdatum: 26.07.09 Neueste Beiträge
Hi, I've found what seems to be a bug in the nested portlets application. On a clean install of Liferay 5.2.3, I do the following:

1. Login as the default (test@liferay.com) user.
2. Add Application and drag a nested portlets application onto the page.
3. Select configuration of the nested portlets application and set the layout to 2-2 columns.

On doing this, all the content in the column in which the nested portlets apps was embedded becomes invisible and unavailable. The only message in the log is:

07:19:46,490 WARN [ResourceActionsUtil:564] Unable to obtain resource actions for unknown portlet ContentManagementNestedPortlets

The nested portlets app seems to work fine if you don't change the layout.

Regards,

-- Raj
thumbnail
Zsolt Balogh, geändert vor 14 Jahren.

RE: Bug in nested portlets layout?

Expert Beiträge: 463 Beitrittsdatum: 23.03.09 Neueste Beiträge
Hi,

here's the issue related to your problem: LPS-4034

The patch is backported to 5.2.x branch (see the fisheye tab), so you can modify your instance.

Zsolt

Hi Zsolt, thanks for the quick response. Couple of (general) questions:

- What's the fisheye tab?

- In general, if I'm using a downloaded war of liferay 5.2.3, is there a standard method of applying a patch (or replacing one specific file in a jar with a new version), or does the affected jar have to be recompiled from scratch?

Regards,

-- Raj
thumbnail

Hi,

There's a link to the FishEye above the comments. The fishEye is an advanced SVN viewer, with it, you can check what modifications were made to fix the problem.

About the patches: we've found it easier to patch liferay and compile from source, if you have the basic java / patch / build knowledge, it should be easy. But if you need to change jsp files only, you should write a plugin only, so in general, I can't answer the question emoticon

Tried to build the distribution from source (zip downloaded from sourceforge), standard build-ext goes through but:

ant -f build-dist.xml

fails with:

/tmp/liferay-portal-src-5.2.3/build-dist.xml:963: Basedir /plugins/build/hooks/sevencogs-hook does not exist

Further, in order to get the latest 5.2.3 with backported bug-fixes can I svn update this zip contents or should I checkout the whole tree from the SVN repository? I presume that the 5.2.3 in SVN is exactly the same as the downloadable zip with the addition of backported patches.

Regards,

-- Raj

Raj Mathur:
/tmp/liferay-portal-src-5.2.3/build-dist.xml:963: Basedir /plugins/build/hooks/sevencogs-hook does not exist

Forgot to mention there's no sevencogs-hook anywhere in the source, so I didn't fix the properties to point to my build directory.
thumbnail

You should just use the build.xml, not the build-dist.