Foren

Can Somone help me out I need to Create a compairison of 4.4 to 5.2

Ron E Schoenstein, geändert vor 14 Jahren.

Can Somone help me out I need to Create a compairison of 4.4 to 5.2

New Member Beiträge: 3 Beitrittsdatum: 29.09.09 Neueste Beiträge
Hey guys and gals.
I am looking for resources to gather information as to why a company should upgrade from 4.4 to 5.2. Call it a business case if you will.

I guess all i really need is a list of features of both and I can go from there. The company used to work for wants me to do some frelance work for them at an undisclosed amount and as I am currently unemployed I could really use the money.
Thanks for any help you can provide.
thumbnail
Jeffrey Handa, geändert vor 14 Jahren.

RE: Can Somone help me out I need to Create a compairison of 4.4 to 5.2

Liferay Master Beiträge: 541 Beitrittsdatum: 01.12.08 Neueste Beiträge
From a feature stand point, the archived Product Road Map might be useful to see what has been added in the last couple releases.

http://www.liferay.com/web/guest/community/wiki/-/wiki/Main/Roadmap+%28Archive%29

Another very compelling reason for any business that relies on Liferay would be the introduction of Enterprise Edition (EE).

http://www.liferay.com/web/guest/products/ee

EE provides
- Most recent stable version of the product
- Guaranteed ongoing long-term support with a combined subscription and support package.

Thanks Jeff. I'll take a look at them and try to break it down into a business case/\.
thumbnail
Lisa Simpson, geändert vor 14 Jahren.

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 2034 Beitrittsdatum: 05.03.09 Neueste Beiträge
The feature set seems a LOT better to me and what's been here for a while has gotten a bit of gloss since 4.X versions. And I think that 5.3, which is in beta now, seems to be an even bigger leap in the right direction. The To-Do/Task stuff is new and looks pretty nifty. And from what I've seen in the forums a lot of community feed back is getting rolled into resolving user whinges about the product. If you're going to do a business case:

1) Find out what features they have now that they really like
2) Find out what annoys them now
3) See how heavily invested they are in customized code

I can almost guarantee you that if they liked it in 4.X it will be in 5.X. Lots of things that have annoyed them will be fixed. The biggest issue is the customized code. 5.X represents a paradigm shift in how customized code gets written. The whole EXT environment is a huge improvement for those that run lots of customizations.

I know they liked it because I was the orignal empoyee at the time that pitched and developed for the company way back when. They have even thought about upgrading and having me admin it. so asf of the point what they like i guess i couldcollect a little more information from them about it and as fot the other points as well.
thumbnail
Cherry Lee, geändert vor 14 Jahren.

New Member Beiträge: 16 Beitrittsdatum: 11.06.09 Neueste Beiträge
Are you going to use Liferay Standard Edition ? We were helping a group to upgrate their existing systems(based on Liferay 4.4.2) and migrate to the Liferay 5.2.X, maybe we can help you out something if can be possible.........eoncherry@gmail.com (Skype: eoncherry)