Foren

Single SignOn in Liferay5.2.3

thumbnail
Amarnadha Reddy, geändert vor 14 Jahren.

Single SignOn in Liferay5.2.3

Junior Member Beiträge: 27 Beitrittsdatum: 04.08.09 Neueste Beiträge
Hi ,

I am using Liferay-5.2.3 and Jboss-tomcat-4.2.3 . Here my requirement is single signon like, which ever credentials using to log in the liferay portal ,same credentials only using log in third party web application too. any one can explain how to implement this one, plz

Thanks
thumbnail
Jeffrey Handa, geändert vor 14 Jahren.

RE: Single SignOn in Liferay5.2.3

Liferay Master Beiträge: 541 Beitrittsdatum: 01.12.08 Neueste Beiträge
Hello Amarnadha,

Liferay works with many Single Sign-On (SSO) providers. The Liferay Portal Administrators Guide describes how to configure SSO with several technologies including CAS, NTLM, OpenID, OpenSSO, and SiteMinder. If your third party web application also supports the same technologies, then you can implement one of them as your solution.

If you're looking for a simpler solution to allow authenticated users in the portal to access a third party web application using credentials that are already stored in Liferay, then might be able to use the iFrame portlet. With the iFrame portlet, you can use tokens such as @email_address@ or @screen_name@ which will be replaced at run time with the user's information.
thumbnail
Lisa Simpson, geändert vor 14 Jahren.

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 2034 Beitrittsdatum: 05.03.09 Neueste Beiträge
CAS is open source and probably one of the more popular options around here. Once you get it up and working, you'll want to use it for a lot more than you think, so be sure to build your CAS server to be a permanent part of your infrastructure.
thumbnail

Lisa Simpson:
CAS is open source and probably one of the more popular options around here. Once you get it up and working, you'll want to use it for a lot more than you think, so be sure to build your CAS server to be a permanent part of your infrastructure.

Hi Lisa Simpson ,
Thanks for giving reply . for CAS SSO am deploying the cas-web.war and adding the casclient.jar in WEB-INf/lib folder.
after am generating ssl certificate successfully , then starting the jboss-tomcat server ,open the liferay default login page . And select the
doc menu signin option , the page will successfully redirected to the CAS login page . When i was entering the user credentials ,

here am following this site : : http://www.ja-sig.org/wiki/display/CASUM/Demo

Am getting the this Exception " The requested URL could not be retrieved "

plz help me out of this Exception

thanks
thumbnail

You probably want to check out the CAS wiki I'm not a CAS expert by any means. We have it here and now that we have it, we're rapidly becoming more and more dependent on it. Make sure that CAS and Liferay aren't on the same server....
thumbnail

Lisa Simpson:
You probably want to check out the CAS wiki I'm not a CAS expert by any means. We have it here and now that we have it, we're rapidly becoming more and more dependent on it. Make sure that CAS and Liferay aren't on the same server....

Thanks Lisa ,
Its Working.
thumbnail

CAS is like crack for web stuff. All your stuff that used to authenticate either against itself or against the AD or what ever now have a single "go to" source. Trust me when I say that you'll find more uses for it.
thumbnail

Hi Jeffrey ,

Jeffrey Handa:
Hello Amarnadha,

Liferay works with many Single Sign-On (SSO) providers. The Liferay Portal Administrators Guide describes how to configure SSO with several technologies including CAS, NTLM, OpenID, OpenSSO, and SiteMinder. If your third party web application also supports the same technologies, then you can implement one of them as your solution.

If you're looking for a simpler solution to allow authenticated users in the portal to access a third party web application using credentials that are already stored in Liferay, then might be able to use the iFrame portlet. With the iFrame portlet, you can use tokens such as @email_address@ or @screen_name@ which will be replaced at run time with the user's information.

Thnx for giving reply , plz can you explain briefly how to implement this one using iFrame ?

Thanks
thumbnail
Jonas Yuan, geändert vor 14 Jahren.

Liferay Master Beiträge: 993 Beitrittsdatum: 27.04.07 Neueste Beiträge
Hi Amarnadha,

You could learn a lot by real examples. You may refer to this Wiki Article:

http://www.liferay.com/web/guest/community/wiki/-/wiki/Main/Full+Integration+-+Liferay,+Alfresco,+SSO+and+LDAP

By the way, you may be interested in playing with the real demo: Liferay, Alfresco, LDAP, SSO CAS and more - Full Integration

http://liferay.cignex.com/

An account from LDAP:
jonas/jonas

Hope that it helps

Thanks

Jonas Yuan
-----------------
The Author of Liferay Books:
Liferay Portal 5.2 Systems Development
Liferay Portal Enterprise Intranets
thumbnail

Jonas Yuan:
Hi Amarnadha,

You could learn a lot by real examples. You may refer to this Wiki Article:

http://www.liferay.com/web/guest/community/wiki/-/wiki/Main/Full+Integration+-+Liferay,+Alfresco,+SSO+and+LDAP

By the way, you may be interested in playing with the real demo: Liferay, Alfresco, LDAP, SSO CAS and more - Full Integration

http://liferay.cignex.com/

An account from LDAP:
jonas/jonas

Hope that it helps

Thanks

Jonas Yuan
-----------------
The Author of Liferay Books:
Liferay Portal 5.2 Systems Development
Liferay Portal Enterprise Intranets

Hello Jonas ,
after bit of confusing am successfully login the CAS login ,and redirected to the Liferay home page . But here am not able to get the other applications credentials . for example in liferay i am integrating ( through hot deploy) one third party "abc" web application , this "abc" webapplication having the credentials like "test / test" . even in Liferay also having same credentials . Here what exactly i want is once login the using cas sso , again dont use the same credentials in " abc " web application , like if we will select the application directly open the home page(automatically login , using cas credentials ) . How can i manage(passing ) the cookies/ or sessions ? plz help me out .

Regards