Foren

Theme development - where is there a velocity editor ?

Al-Mothafar Al-Hasan, geändert vor 9 Jahren.

Theme development - where is there a velocity editor ?

Regular Member Beiträge: 110 Beitrittsdatum: 06.12.09 Neueste Beiträge
Hi

I want o ask, how I can activate velocity marco editor for Liferay IDE or Studio to develop my theme with *.vm files extension ?

I spend 2 days and like lost in hundreds of sites and searches and even github, with no luck.

like this: https://github.com/liferay/liferay-ide
and this all plugins in this page: http://wiki.apache.org/velocity/VelocityEditors
and another links I visited and tried saw in Stack overflow and Google groups.

Any idea to make this simple, please I want complete answer if I may have, I done see any embedded VM editor in Liferay IDE !

I was develop themes in netbeans with portal-pack plugin, was support auto-complete and working with it was much easier, and is much better than all kinds of Liferay IDE and crap heavy lag-gy hangy Eclipse, but issue that portal pack stop at 6.0, and I want to develop themes for 6.1 and 6.2 but portal pack developer stopped his development in his plugin from long time ago.

Any help about this issue please?
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, geändert vor 9 Jahren.

RE: Theme development - where is there a velocity editor ?

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 14916 Beitrittsdatum: 02.09.06 Neueste Beiträge

David H Nebinger:
veloedit: http://veloedit.sourceforge.net/

Not work, I said that I tried most plugins to eclipse if you saw one of links, you can see I tested this, anyway I tried this again on IDE and got issue :

org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: Plug-in "org.vaulttec.velocity.ui" was unable to instantiate class "org.vaulttec.velocity.ui.editor.VelocityEditor".
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.osgi.RegistryStrategyOSGI.throwException(RegistryStrategyOSGI.java:194)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.osgi.RegistryStrategyOSGI.createExecutableExtension(RegistryStrategyOSGI.java:186)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ExtensionRegistry.createExecutableExtension(ExtensionRegistry.java:905)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ConfigurationElement.createExecutableExtension(ConfigurationElement.java:243)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ConfigurationElementHandle.createExecutableExtension(ConfigurationElementHandle.java:55)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPlugin$1.run(WorkbenchPlugin.java:282)
	at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator.java:70)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPlugin.createExtension(WorkbenchPlugin.java:278)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.registry.EditorDescriptor.createEditor(EditorDescriptor.java:235)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorReference.createPart(EditorReference.java:318)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.e4.compatibility.CompatibilityPart.createPart(CompatibilityPart.java:266)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.e4.compatibility.CompatibilityEditor.createPart(CompatibilityEditor.java:61)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.e4.compatibility.CompatibilityPart.create(CompatibilityPart.java:304)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.MethodRequestor.execute(MethodRequestor.java:56)
	at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.processAnnotated(InjectorImpl.java:877)
	at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.processAnnotated(InjectorImpl.java:857)
	at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.inject(InjectorImpl.java:119)
	at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.internalMake(InjectorImpl.java:333)
	at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.make(InjectorImpl.java:254)
	at org.eclipse.e4.core.contexts.ContextInjectionFactory.make(ContextInjectionFactory.java:162)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.ReflectionContributionFactory.createFromBundle(ReflectionContributionFactory.java:102)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.ReflectionContributionFactory.doCreate(ReflectionContributionFactory.java:71)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.ReflectionContributionFactory.create(ReflectionContributionFactory.java:53)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.ContributedPartRenderer.createWidget(ContributedPartRenderer.java:129)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.createWidget(PartRenderingEngine.java:949)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.safeCreateGui(PartRenderingEngine.java:633)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.safeCreateGui(PartRenderingEngine.java:735)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.access$2(PartRenderingEngine.java:706)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$7.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:700)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:42)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.createGui(PartRenderingEngine.java:685)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.PartServiceImpl$1.handleEvent(PartServiceImpl.java:90)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.services.internal.events.UIEventHandler$1.run(UIEventHandler.java:41)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.syncExec(Synchronizer.java:180)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.UISynchronizer.syncExec(UISynchronizer.java:150)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.syncExec(Display.java:4688)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.E4Application$1.syncExec(E4Application.java:205)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.services.internal.events.UIEventHandler.handleEvent(UIEventHandler.java:38)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.event.EventHandlerWrapper.handleEvent(EventHandlerWrapper.java:197)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.event.EventHandlerTracker.dispatchEvent(EventHandlerTracker.java:197)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.event.EventHandlerTracker.dispatchEvent(EventHandlerTracker.java:1)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:230)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.ListenerQueue.dispatchEventSynchronous(ListenerQueue.java:148)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.event.EventAdminImpl.dispatchEvent(EventAdminImpl.java:135)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.event.EventAdminImpl.sendEvent(EventAdminImpl.java:78)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.event.EventComponent.sendEvent(EventComponent.java:39)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.services.internal.events.EventBroker.send(EventBroker.java:80)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.UIEventPublisher.notifyChanged(UIEventPublisher.java:58)
	at org.eclipse.emf.common.notify.impl.BasicNotifierImpl.eNotify(BasicNotifierImpl.java:374)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.model.application.ui.impl.ElementContainerImpl.setSelectedElement(ElementContainerImpl.java:171)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.ModelServiceImpl.showElementInWindow(ModelServiceImpl.java:576)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.ModelServiceImpl.bringToTop(ModelServiceImpl.java:543)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.PartServiceImpl.delegateBringToTop(PartServiceImpl.java:619)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.PartServiceImpl.bringToTop(PartServiceImpl.java:331)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.PartServiceImpl.showPart(PartServiceImpl.java:1046)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.busyOpenEditor(WorkbenchPage.java:3112)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.access$21(WorkbenchPage.java:3034)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage$8.run(WorkbenchPage.java:3016)
	at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator.java:70)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.openEditor(WorkbenchPage.java:3012)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.openEditor(WorkbenchPage.java:2976)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.openEditor(WorkbenchPage.java:2967)
	at org.eclipse.ui.ide.IDE.openEditor(IDE.java:534)
	at org.eclipse.ui.ide.IDE.openEditor(IDE.java:493)
	at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.ui.javaeditor.EditorUtility.openInEditor(EditorUtility.java:360)
	at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.ui.javaeditor.EditorUtility.openInEditor(EditorUtility.java:167)
	at org.eclipse.jdt.ui.actions.OpenAction.run(OpenAction.java:268)
	at org.eclipse.jdt.ui.actions.OpenAction.run(OpenAction.java:233)
	at org.eclipse.jdt.ui.actions.SelectionDispatchAction.dispatchRun(SelectionDispatchAction.java:275)
	at org.eclipse.jdt.ui.actions.SelectionDispatchAction.run(SelectionDispatchAction.java:251)
	at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.ui.navigator.OpenAndExpand.run(OpenAndExpand.java:50)
	at org.eclipse.ui.actions.RetargetAction.run(RetargetAction.java:221)
	at org.eclipse.ui.navigator.CommonNavigatorManager$3.open(CommonNavigatorManager.java:185)
	at org.eclipse.ui.OpenAndLinkWithEditorHelper$InternalListener.open(OpenAndLinkWithEditorHelper.java:47)
	at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer$2.run(StructuredViewer.java:866)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:42)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.JFaceUtil$1.run(JFaceUtil.java:49)
	at org.eclipse.jface.util.SafeRunnable.run(SafeRunnable.java:175)
	at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer.fireOpen(StructuredViewer.java:864)
	at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer.handleOpen(StructuredViewer.java:1152)
	at org.eclipse.ui.navigator.CommonViewer.handleOpen(CommonViewer.java:462)
	at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer$6.handleOpen(StructuredViewer.java:1256)
	at org.eclipse.jface.util.OpenStrategy.fireOpenEvent(OpenStrategy.java:275)
	at org.eclipse.jface.util.OpenStrategy.access$2(OpenStrategy.java:269)
	at org.eclipse.jface.util.OpenStrategy$1.handleEvent(OpenStrategy.java:309)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1057)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4170)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3759)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$9.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1113)
	at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:997)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.E4Workbench.createAndRunUI(E4Workbench.java:140)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:611)
	at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:567)
	at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:150)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:124)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:354)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:181)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:636)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:591)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1450)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1426)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
	at org.vaulttec.velocity.ui.editor.text.VelocityCodeScanner.<init>(VelocityCodeScanner.java:44)
	at org.vaulttec.velocity.ui.editor.VelocityEditorEnvironment.connect(VelocityEditorEnvironment.java:37)
	at org.vaulttec.velocity.ui.editor.VelocityEditor.initializeEditor(VelocityEditor.java:81)
	at org.eclipse.ui.texteditor.AbstractDecoratedTextEditor.<init>(AbstractDecoratedTextEditor.java:343)
	at org.eclipse.ui.editors.text.TextEditor.<init>(TextEditor.java:59)
	at org.vaulttec.velocity.ui.editor.VelocityEditor.<init>(VelocityEditor.java:50)
	at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Unknown Source)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.osgi.RegistryStrategyOSGI.createExecutableExtension(RegistryStrategyOSGI.java:184)
	... 113 more
</init></init></init></init>

In another hand there is a plugin or something here : https://github.com/liferay/liferay-ide/tree/master/velocity , if its Implemented how I can active / add it.
thumbnail
Gregory Amerson, geändert vor 9 Jahren.

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 1123 Beitrittsdatum: 16.02.10 Neueste Beiträge
The velocity editor is not compatible with the latest versions of Eclipse and the project is not currently maintained.

Gregory Amerson:
The velocity editor is not compatible with the latest versions of Eclipse and the project is not currently maintained.

Thanks for reply, any solution or workaround for this? or older version working ?
thumbnail
Gregory Amerson, geändert vor 9 Jahren.

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 1123 Beitrittsdatum: 16.02.10 Neueste Beiträge
The only work around is to use an older version of Eclipse (3.7/3.8/4.2) It seems that 4.3 and 4.4 it is broken and I doubt it will get fixed unless the project maintainers supply a fix.

Gregory Amerson:
The only work around is to use an older version of Eclipse (3.7/3.8/4.2) It seems that 4.3 and 4.4 it is broken and I doubt it will get fixed unless the project maintainers supply a fix.

Thanks for info, But I meant what the Liferay IDE or developer studio versions that velocity working with? and btw is the auto complete working with it? I mean like listing global variables of liferay theme and so?
thumbnail
Gabriel Landon, geändert vor 9 Jahren.

New Member Beiträge: 10 Beitrittsdatum: 30.09.10 Neueste Beiträge
I'm working with Eclipse Luna SR1 and I use the following plugin to edit VM files :
http://veloeclipse.googlecode.com

As stated in issue 47, you need to install the "Eclipse 2.0 Style Plugin Support" to make it works.
thumbnail
Fernando Fernandez, geändert vor 7 Jahren.

Expert Beiträge: 396 Beitrittsdatum: 22.08.07 Neueste Beiträge
I know this is an old thread but, just for the record, I just installed Veloeditor in Eclipse Neon and it seems to work.

HTH

Fernando
Alexander Wolf, geändert vor 7 Jahren.

New Member Beiträge: 14 Beitrittsdatum: 18.08.16 Neueste Beiträge
Fernando Fernandez:
I know this is an old thread but, just for the record, I just installed Veloeditor in Eclipse Neon and it seems to work.

HTH

Fernando

thx, I searched for an Eclipse Neon Plugin and it seems to work emoticon