Foren

Server Admin Blank Page

Christian Rowlands, geändert vor 9 Jahren.

Server Admin Blank Page

New Member Beiträge: 12 Beitrittsdatum: 17.10.13 Neueste Beiträge
We recently had an issue with a corrupt kernel on our server. That was supposedly fixed but now when I access the "Server Admin" page on our Liferay Portal it is blank with the exception of the following message:

"Server Administration settings control logs, caching, search indexing, and other advanced features. Advanced administrators can monitor system performance, alter detailed server settings, reindex searches and modify caching"

So basically no plugins are running on this page now. Any ideas? Have stopped and re-started the portal with no change. Any ideas?
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, geändert vor 9 Jahren.

RE: Server Admin Blank Page

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 14916 Beitrittsdatum: 02.09.06 Neueste Beiträge
Pretty nasty. You could try whacking all of the files in the work folder (and possibly temp), see if during the recompilation of the JSP the problem gets fixed...

Thanks for the reply. I shut down the portal, wiped the temp and work directories, restarted the portal and still have the same issue. I read in an older post, https://issues.liferay.com/browse/LPS-15449, there was an issue if the user starting the portal wasn't a local admin you could see this problem. However, I am logging in as ROOT to start and stop the portal so I assume I should have local admin rights. Is that an invalid assumption? I am using 6.1.2 CC GA3 edition of Liferay. Any other thoughts/suggestions?
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, geändert vor 9 Jahren.

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 14916 Beitrittsdatum: 02.09.06 Neueste Beiträge
That's going to make me think some sort of DB issue... Do you have a backup you could try restoring from?

I wish that were the case but sadly we don't. For some reason the IT dept neglected to start a back routine for the portal. Could I export the Site Pages to a *.lar file. Reinstall everything from scratch, server, database, liferay. Then import the *.lar file and be back to a working site? If I export from 6.1.2 could I update the new install to 6.2 and import the *.lar file I created with 6.1.2? Thanks.