Foren

What changes does by Liferay deployer?

Rijesh Puthiya Purayil, geändert vor 14 Jahren.

What changes does by Liferay deployer?

New Member Beiträge: 3 Beitrittsdatum: 12.05.09 Neueste Beiträge
Hello Friends,

I want to write a Jython script for deploying our Liferay Plug-in project on Weblogic server directly. The reason I am posting this question is because I found some changes does by Liferay Plug-in installer immediately after uploading the plugin WAR file from Liferay Admin Page. I found it verifies the WAR file and regenerate WAR in /tmp/ folder by adding some JAR files and some changes in web.xml. So if I deploy our project WAR directly on Weblogic Server using Weblogic Admin Console it’s not working.

The Hot Deployment option in Liferay with Weblogic domain running in development mode works well and really useful on DEV environment. However on production environment the scenario is different, Weblogic runs in production mode and have common restrictions. Hence the hot deployment is disabled in Weblogic (In fact that is what want in production servers) so it will not deploy the WAR file when we do a plug-in deployment through Liferay Admin. The Liferay Admin Page will show the plug-in being installed, but actually it does not happen as Weblogic runs on production mode. In Weblogic server log we could identify it regenerate the uploaded WAR file. After that the regenerated WAR can be found in $DOMAIN_HOME/autodeploy folder and we have to move this file to other folder and to manually install the WAR file from Weblogic Admin Console. This entire process of Deployment seems little fussy for the Production Support Team, so I am looking for easy steps for them by introducing a WAR file that is equivalent to regenerated WAR by my build script and then provide them a Jython script that can do over WLST.

For that I want to know what all the changes usually done by Liferay Plug-in Installer, then I could incorporate same thing in my Build script which will generate the WAR file equivalent to the one regenerated by Liferay Plug-in Installer and deploy same onto Weblogic server using WLST Jython script.

I would like to know from this community that if this approach is right and can be adopted. If anyone can point out the some documentation about this or best practice that would help me to understand what changes actually does by Liferay Plug-in Installer would be great.

Thanks in advance,
Rijesh.
thumbnail
Siva Reddy, geändert vor 10 Jahren.

RE: What changes does by Liferay deployer?

New Member Beiträge: 8 Beitrittsdatum: 22.12.10 Neueste Beiträge
Hi Rijesh,
I have come across to the issue and lookign forward to hear any inputs to resolve the issue.

Appreciated your support if you can share any docs or wlst scripts and useful for community members as well...I have been searching for this but there is much information available in the internet/liferay.com

Regards,
Siva