Foren

how to user the liferay site hierarchy concept in liferay 6.2

Girish kumar, geändert vor 10 Jahren.

how to user the liferay site hierarchy concept in liferay 6.2

Junior Member Beiträge: 26 Beitrittsdatum: 17.06.13 Neueste Beiträge
Hi liferay experts,

Iam using the liferay 6.2 and the new feature which is added in the sites is that the site can have the site hierarchy. In the user guide they told that the resources can be shared among the sites like parent and child. But this is not happening or guide me how to use it.

Test case:
I have created the new parent site and created the child site under the parent site. I have added the page1 on the parent site and added and created the new the web content display on the parent site->page1.
Is the web content display portlet can be shared in the child site or page1 is also accessible to the child site.
But what i can see is that the web content display portlet is not available child site.

How to share resources among the parent and child site.

Thanks in advance.
Girish kumar, geändert vor 10 Jahren.

RE: how to user the liferay site hierarchy concept in liferay 6.2

Junior Member Beiträge: 26 Beitrittsdatum: 17.06.13 Neueste Beiträge
Hi liferay experts,

Iam using the liferay 6.2 and the new feature which is added in the sites is that the site can have the site hierarchy. In the user guide they told that the resources can be shared among the sites like parent and child. But this is not happening or guide me how to use it.

Test case:
I have created the new parent site and created the child site under the parent site. I have added the page1 on the parent site and added and created the new the web content display on the parent site->page1.
Is the web content display portlet can be shared in the child site or page1 is also accessible to the child site.
But what i can see is that the web content display portlet is not available child site.

How to share resources among the parent and child site.

Thanks in advance.
thumbnail
Tejas Kanani, geändert vor 10 Jahren.

Liferay Master Beiträge: 654 Beitrittsdatum: 06.01.09 Neueste Beiträge
Hi Girish,

By using Site Hierarchy you can share the assets like web content, documents, etc.
Regarding your concern.

- Yes. You can share web content as well. But it seems content sharing in web content is not fully implemented. As right now you can select the parent site's web content even if Content Sharing from Parent site is disabled. I've also created a issue for the same - Content Sharing not working with Web Content Display
But in Asset Publisher you can see content sharing from parent site working as expected.
In order to select parent site's web content you need to include parent site scope while searching a web content from web content display portlet configuration. Besides search box you'll have gear icon. Upon clicking on it will open a window and you can select parent site scope from My Site dropdown.

- Didn't get this. Do you mean Web Content display portlet itself is not available to add on a page ?

Thanks,
Tejas
Traolly Xiong, geändert vor 8 Jahren.

Regular Member Beiträge: 195 Beitrittsdatum: 30.12.11 Neueste Beiträge
Even with the web content portlet not fully implemented, to re-use the parent site content, shouldn't the child site be able to create content
with the parent site templates / structures?

Also what other pros / cons do we get when create a child site? We are trying to justify making a child site vs. an independent site.
Does staging a child site matter, etc.?

Thanks in advance.