Foren

LDAP SSO and iframes

Scott Gibson, geändert vor 14 Jahren.

LDAP SSO and iframes

New Member Beiträge: 19 Beitrittsdatum: 12.06.09 Neueste Beiträge
I have Liferay 5.2.3, SugarCRM 5.2.0e, Alfresco 3.2 Preview 2, and Zimbra 5.0.1 all sharing the same Zimbra-based LDAP installation.

My only desire at the present time is to be able to have all users that authenticate to Liferay be presented with SugarCRM, Alfresco, and Zimbra tabs by default, and allow them access to each of those in a single-sign-on setup. True integration can come later - I am just interested in the basic portal functionality of getting all 3 services in one place for the user without the need to have them authenticate individually to each.

I have poured over forums here and at the other 3 open-source communities, and I am just not finding very good, concise answers as to how to get this done.

Does anyone have any clues to get me started please?

I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks,
Scott
Nagarjun Mangala, geändert vor 14 Jahren.

RE: LDAP SSO and iframes

New Member Beiträge: 4 Beitrittsdatum: 03.08.08 Neueste Beiträge
Develop a custom theme which has all the 3 tabs and assign the theme to the default logged-in user's home page.

Based on the roles and access priveleges you can hide/display the tabs. when the user clicks on the tab take them to the respective applications.

For SSO SugarCRM, Alfresco, and Zimbra resouces should be protected by the SSO plugin (webgate etc). The SSO authentication cookie will take care of the access to these applications based on the policies and access setup. The applications can either decode the cookie to get the principal or retrieve the principal from the Request Header and create the session.

Logout should invalidate the cookiee and session.

We have used Oracle Access Manager for SSO and we have different apps under SSO.
Scott Gibson, geändert vor 14 Jahren.

New Member Beiträge: 19 Beitrittsdatum: 12.06.09 Neueste Beiträge
Thanks for your reply. We have used the preauth function to get Zimbra working, but I do have a question about functionality once SSO is implemented. Right now, for instance, if I click on the Zimbra tab, it logs me into Zimbra and throws me into the default page. If I click on another tab (for instance, the Liferay Blog on another page), and then click back on Zimbra, it will send me right to the default page again. Is there any way to save the state that Zimbra was in such that when I click back on that tab, it will be right where I left off (like switching windows in your operating system)? I can foresee users beginning to draft an email, want to switch over to the doc library to look something up, and return back to their draft to finish it up. As it is setup currently, that will not work.

Thanks,
Scott
j detert, geändert vor 14 Jahren.

New Member Beitrag: 1 Beitrittsdatum: 05.04.10 Neueste Beiträge
Nagarjun Mangala:
Develop a custom theme which has all the 3 tabs and assign the theme to the default logged-in user's home page.

Based on the roles and access priveleges you can hide/display the tabs. when the user clicks on the tab take them to the respective applications.

For SSO SugarCRM, Alfresco, and Zimbra resouces should be protected by the SSO plugin (webgate etc). The SSO authentication cookie will take care of the access to these applications based on the policies and access setup. The applications can either decode the cookie to get the principal or retrieve the principal from the Request Header and create the session.

Logout should invalidate the cookiee and session.

We have used Oracle Access Manager for SSO and we have different apps under SSO.

Hello Nagarjun,

I'm trying to find people or organizations who have used Oracle Access Manager to achieve SSO, and have integrated Zimbra as one of the applications in the SSO. It sounds like you've done that. Is that true? If so, do you mind sharing some information about how it was done?

Thanks,

Jon
thumbnail
Hangover Liferay, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

Junior Member Beiträge: 55 Beitrittsdatum: 18.05.10 Neueste Beiträge
Hi Nagarjuna,
I am looking to integrate OAM with Liferay, Look like you were able to make it work. Please let me know how to go about it.

Jhon, Were you able to get it running ?