Foren

How to contribute to liferay-portal?

Riccardo Noviello, geändert vor 10 Jahren.

How to contribute to liferay-portal?

New Member Beiträge: 6 Beitrittsdatum: 29.11.13 Neueste Beiträge
Hi, I have cloned the liferay-portal repository from GitHub and set up the project in Eclipse.
When I build with ANT, it compiles successfully however I don't quite understand where is my liferay portal...
The "liferay-portal\portal-web\docroot" folder is only 11.9 MB ...
1) Is this supposed to be my ROOT web app? Am I missing something?
2) What are the main steps to build liferay from source code? ANT BUILD >> PUT DOCROOT result into TOMCAT/WEBAPP >> START TOMCAT ?

I have been reading all document I found in the development Wiki (even those for IntelliJ) but still cannot understand how to properly build the code.
Please suggest!
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, geändert vor 10 Jahren.

RE: How to contribute to liferay-portal?

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 14914 Beitrittsdatum: 02.09.06 Neueste Beiträge
If I remember correctly, the liferay build scripts can build a war but they also build the bundle(s). You should have output from your ant build process that shows you what you created.

Note that the easiest thing for a full build is to start with a bundle that is working, then do your custom build and overlay that war on the existing bundle.

Alternatively if you are making simple code fixes you might just grab the updated jar file from the build and deploy that single jar rather than trying to handle the full war.

Note that unless you're doing core development, you really don't have to go down this route. The Marketplace is full of contributions that have nothing (or not much emoticon) to do with core development; they are plugins (extensions) that others can use w/o modifying a line of portal code.