Foren

Remove inherited user roles

Charlotte Pantzerhielm, geändert vor 10 Jahren.

Remove inherited user roles

New Member Beiträge: 5 Beitrittsdatum: 12.11.13 Neueste Beiträge
Hi!

I am a very new user to LifeRay and have a question regarding user roles. I have not myself done the installation etc. of LifeRay, and I am not a developer. There is already excisting content/organizations/sites, that I have created. But I have created a new organization and added two new users to that organization, this works perfectly. But automaticly the users gets an inherited user role (administrator) for the already excisting parent organization (not sure if this is what it is called) which I can't remove! This means that the users can access the control panel and edit everything (add/remove user etc.) in the other organizations, and this is a huge problem! Please, have understanding for me being a very novice first time user, but I've got stuck and would really appreciate some help and explaining.

Thank you!
thumbnail
Corné Aussems, geändert vor 10 Jahren.

RE: Remove inherited user roles

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 1313 Beitrittsdatum: 03.10.06 Neueste Beiträge
Charlotte Pantzerhielm:
Hi!

I am a very new user to LifeRay and have a question regarding user roles. I have not myself done the installation etc. of LifeRay, and I am not a developer. There is already excisting content/organizations/sites, that I have created. But I have created a new organization and added two new users to that organization, this works perfectly. But automaticly the users gets an inherited user role (administrator) for the already excisting parent organization (not sure if this is what it is called) which I can't remove! This means that the users can access the control panel and edit everything (add/remove user etc.) in the other organizations, and this is a huge problem! Please, have understanding for me being a very novice first time user, but I've got stuck and would really appreciate some help and explaining.

Thank you!

Welcome Charlotte,

Check these settings:
Goto >> Control Panel >> [Portal] Portal Settings >>option "Users" (left side) >> Tab "Default User Associations"

Remove Administrator role

Good luck!
thumbnail
Corné Aussems, geändert vor 10 Jahren.

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 1313 Beitrittsdatum: 03.10.06 Neueste Beiträge
I checked this on an empty Liferay 6.1 EE GA 2, and if i add "Organization Administrator" to the default associations i can't see that the user gets a admin role for the parent organization.
Maybe a user gets associated with a default usergroup or so. please post your settings and Liferay version

I am using Liferay Portal Community Edition 6.1.1 CE GA2, and the settings under "Default User Associations" are:
Sites: none
Roles: Power User, User
User groups: none

Which other settings would you like to know? emoticon

Thank you for your help!

UPDATE: Solved the problem by reinstalling and redoing everything, luckily that didn't involve too much work. I think there was some misstake in the installation that messed things up. I can now also see that other functions in LifeRay makes more sence, had some other wierd errors before. Thank you again for you help, sorry that I can't contribute with a better explanation to what was causing the problem.
thumbnail
Jay Trivedi, geändert vor 9 Jahren.

Regular Member Beiträge: 109 Beitrittsdatum: 24.11.12 Neueste Beiträge
Hi,

Good that you had a fresh installation on your machine and pop-up to every problem on the fly.

But for those who don't want to go with re-installation again and need to resolve the problem. At first try approach by going to portal settings and looking into hint provided in above comments.

Check these settings:
Goto >> Control Panel >> Portal Settings >>option "Users" (left side) >> Tab "Default User Associations"

Still if you are not able to resolve your problem then,
1. Create user don't add any organisation to it.
2. See that inherited roles will be blank
3. Now start adding Organisation one by one. Just after adding organisation check inherited roles.
4. If you see and role gets inherited after adding any organisation.

then you need to goto >> Users and Organisations >> Goto Any Organisation >> Assign Organisation Roles >> change Permissoins

If you face this issue by selecting site the you can follow same approach by updating site.
I am still working on internal structure how it adds entry to database .. If you get any pin point you can update this chain.

Thanks,
Jay
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, geändert vor 9 Jahren.

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 14916 Beitrittsdatum: 02.09.06 Neueste Beiträge
Jay Trivedi:
Check these settings:
Goto >> Control Panel >> Portal Settings >>option "Users" (left side) >> Tab "Default User Associations"

If you have administrator role assigned as a default user association, you've got bigger problems in your system.

I am still working on internal structure how it adds entry to database .. If you get any pin point you can update this chain.

You should never ever be in the database. The database is not yours to play in or understand, Liferay changes how the database is used on each release (so your knowledge would only be limited to one version) and frankly since logical keys are managed by the source you will never understand all of the relationships anyway.
thumbnail
Supriya Chari, geändert vor 7 Jahren.

New Member Beiträge: 6 Beitrittsdatum: 15.12.15 Neueste Beiträge
Hi,

emoticonThe issue can be resolved as follows:

1) Go to Control Panel > Roles > Select a particular role > Assign Members > Select the Sites tab
2) Deselect the sites which are selected.

This will remove the inherited regular roles assigned to a user.
All the users associated with a site assigned to role will inherit that role. All you got to do is remove ittttemoticon

Thanks,
Supriya

Thank you for you response! Unfortuneatly, the only roles added under "Defaul User Associations" are Power User and User, not Administrator. But could the problem perhaps be here anyway?