Foren

Management of Templates and Structures

thumbnail
Josh Asbury, geändert vor 16 Jahren.

Management of Templates and Structures

Expert Beiträge: 498 Beitrittsdatum: 08.09.06 Neueste Beiträge
Hi all -

I host an instance of Liferay for multiple companies, and I would like an easy way to manage templates and structures across the companies. Is there a way to make them available to all companies, or do I have to manually add them (a time consuming process even if I do it via SQL)?

Thanks!
Josh
thumbnail
Jorge Ferrer, geändert vor 16 Jahren.

RE: Management of Templates and Structures

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 2871 Beitrittsdatum: 31.08.06 Neueste Beiträge
Hi Josh,

Right now there isn't even a way to share them across communities, but as a rule of thumb separate instances/companies shouldn't share templates. One way it might be possible in the future though would be by creating an special type of plugin to allow distribution of structures and templates.

Contributions are very welcome in this area emoticon
thumbnail

Jorge Ferrer:

Thanks, Jorge. I'm working on it now. What I'm thinking is modifying the instance creation code to copy the "default" structures and templates of my primary instance to the new one. That way, the new company will have something to start with....
thumbnail
Marcelo Ruiz Camauër, geändert vor 16 Jahren.

Junior Member Beiträge: 78 Beitrittsdatum: 09.05.06 Neueste Beiträge
Would it be possible to modify LR so that if the Group ID for the structure or template is something like "-1", it would be available everywhere, instead of just for that one community?
thumbnail

Hi Marcelo,

What we've though is very similar but more flexible. We are planning to create a new type of 'group' to represent shared scopes. Unfortunately we haven't had the time to implement it yet.
thumbnail

Hi Josh,

That's a very good idea! We could even apply the same idea for other entities. Just make sure that there is a way to turn it off, or even that you can choose for every template whether to copy it or not.
thumbnail

Jorge Ferrer:
Hi Josh,

That's a very good idea! We could even apply the same idea for other entities. Just make sure that there is a way to turn it off, or even that you can choose for every template whether to copy it or not.

....almost there..........
Jakob Hohlfeld, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

New Member Beiträge: 10 Beitrittsdatum: 08.10.12 Neueste Beiträge
Jorge Ferrer:
Hi Josh,

Right now there isn't even a way to share them across communities, but as a rule of thumb separate instances/companies shouldn't share templates. One way it might be possible in the future though would be by creating an special type of plugin to allow distribution of structures and templates.

Gibt es hierbei irgendwelche Fortschritte? Ich benutze Liferay 6.0 EE und würde gerne ebenfalls Templates und Structures ggf. via Hook bzw. Theme/Portlet deployen.

Gruß
JH