Foren

Problems with the message board portlet

thumbnail
Dylan Kusters, geändert vor 10 Jahren.

Problems with the message board portlet

Junior Member Beiträge: 76 Beitrittsdatum: 07.02.13 Neueste Beiträge
Hello,

I have got the following issue with the message boards portlet. I have added the portlet to a page, but when I want to add a category, add a tread or click on the rights button they don’t do anything. They don’t work. Not even in the Control Panel. And I have the administrator’s roll, so I have all the rights.
The log file doesn’t say anything about it. Does somebody know how I can fix this issue?

With kind regards,

Dylan
thumbnail
Jorge Ferrer, geändert vor 10 Jahren.

RE: Problems with the message board portlet

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 2871 Beitrittsdatum: 31.08.06 Neueste Beiträge
Hi Dylan,

That's very weird. What version of Liferay are you using? Does it have any customizations?

Also, when you say that "they don't do anything", do you see any JavaScript error in the browser? Have you tried with more than one browser?
thumbnail

Hello Jorge,

It is very weird. I use the Liferay 6.1 and Jboss 6.1 version. And it has some other customized portlets and a customized theme.
I have tried it with Google Chrome and with Firefox and they both don't work. I haven't got any JavaScript errors.

But I have just found out that when I click on the subscribe button of the Message Board portlet that I go to the page to add a new category. And than I can add a new category.
thumbnail

I have got the same problem with some other portlets, like blogs. I found the following ERROR in my log:

13:54:07,558 ERROR [http-/10.2.32.185:8080-8][AutoLoginFilter:238] Current URL /group/burgerzaken/icommunity generates exception: com.liferay.portal.kernel.exception.SystemException: com.liferay.util.EncryptorException: com.liferay.util.EncryptorException: javax.crypto.BadPaddingException: Given final block not properly padded
13:54:07,574 ERROR [http-/10.2.32.185:8080-8][AutoLoginFilter:238] Current URL /c/portal/login?redirect=%2Fgroup%2Fburgerzaken%2Ficommunity&p_l_id=10432 generates exception: com.liferay.portal.kernel.exception.SystemException: com.liferay.util.EncryptorException: com.liferay.util.EncryptorException: javax.crypto.BadPaddingException: Given final block not properly padded
13:54:07,586 ERROR [http-/10.2.32.185:8080-8][AutoLoginFilter:238] Current URL /web/burgerzaken/login?p_p_id=58&p_p_lifecycle=0&_58_redirect=%2Fgroup%2Fburgerzaken%2Ficommunity generates exception: com.liferay.portal.kernel.exception.SystemException: com.liferay.util.EncryptorException: com.liferay.util.EncryptorException: javax.crypto.BadPaddingException: Given final block not properly padded

Does somebody knows how to fix this ERROR?

Thank you!

With kind regards,

Dylan
thumbnail
Jorge Ferrer, geändert vor 10 Jahren.

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 2871 Beitrittsdatum: 31.08.06 Neueste Beiträge
This usually happens when you have a cookie with your user credentials in the browser you are using (probably because you clicked remember me) but then the encryption key changed in the server (for example because of an upgrade to a newer version of Liferay, or some change in the encryption configuration)

Just clear the cookies for that domain in the browser and it should work again.
thumbnail

I have tried it, but it didn't worked. But I think I maybe found the problem. When I am watching the HTML code I see the following thing:

<input class="aui-button-input" onclick="location.href = location.href.replace(location.hash, '');" type="button" value="Categorie toevoegen" id="aui_3_4_0_1_1853">

And I have read that other people fixed this problem by doing the following thing:

You'll need to set the following properties in the portal-ext.properties file. Add your server's ip address to the "direct.url.ips.allowed=[your server ip address],127.0.0.1,SERVER_IP"

##
## Redirect
##

#
# Set this property to "ip" or "domain" for the redirect security method. If
# set to "domain", the portal will only redirect users to domains listed in
# the property "redirect.url.domain.allowed". If set to "ip", the portal
# will only redirect to domains whose IP address resolve to an IP address
# listed in the property "redirect.url.ip.allowed".
#
#redirect.url.security.mode=domain
redirect.url.security.mode=ip

#
# Input a list of comma delimited domains which the portal is allowed to
# redirect to. Input a blank list to allow any domain.
#
redirect.url.domains.allowed=

#
# Input a list of comma delimited IPs which the portal is allowed to
# redirect to. Input a blank list to allow any IP. SERVER_IP will be
# replaced with the IP of the host server.
#
redirect.url.ips.allowed=127.0.0.1,SERVER_IP

I shall try this and let it know if it really fix the problem
thumbnail

It didn't work. Does somebody else have got an idea how to fix this problem?
thumbnail
Gaurav Kabra, geändert vor 7 Jahren.

New Member Beiträge: 2 Beitrittsdatum: 04.11.14 Neueste Beiträge
Dylan Kusters:
It didn't work. Does somebody else have got an idea how to fix this problem?

Same Problem.
Using Liferay 6.2 CE

it does nothing when we click on the Add Category or Post New Thread.

have granted permissions from within the portlet and even from the Control Panel.
Yet, it is the same.
Please share a solution.

thanks,
Gaurav