Foren

Hot deploying theme CSS files

thumbnail
Martin Olsen, geändert vor 10 Jahren.

Hot deploying theme CSS files

New Member Beiträge: 15 Beitrittsdatum: 16.08.12 Neueste Beiträge
Hi,

We're using a Liferay 6.1.1 on a JBoss7 server. We have also been trying to set up JRebel for theme and hooks development with somewhat mixed results. JRebel works absolutely fine for Java files but seems a bit brittle for things like JSPs and CSS files. Still, we love the idea of hot deployment.

So .. I've been thinking a bit. If I know where the theme source files are stored (the Liferay SDK) and where they should go when deployed (a war folder in the JBoss deployment folder), then I guess I should be able to create a fairly simple mechanism for pushing the files directly to the server. I could then wrap it as an ant target and run it within Eclipse every time a file changes. And voilá, automatic hot deployment in the JRebel style.

To verify the validity of the idea, I've tried changing stuff within the deployed war file of our theme. To no avail, though, as the Liferay server seems to just serve to old CSS. I've tried both the "regular" css file and the sass compiled version withing the .sass-cache folder, but with the same results. I've even tried deleting the CSS files. It would seem to me that these must be cached in-memory somewhere within Liferay.

So my question would be: If this is right, is there any way to purge this cache? I guess I should not that I'm running the server using portal-developer.properties with as much caching and minifying disabled as possible.

And yeah, I know that I'm probably on thin ice and that short circuiting the normal deployment procedure is not recommended .. just wondering if it could work emoticon
thumbnail
M J, geändert vor 10 Jahren.

RE: Hot deploying theme CSS files

Regular Member Beiträge: 184 Beitrittsdatum: 01.03.13 Neueste Beiträge
Have you tried setting these properties in portal-ext.properties? Might help.

theme.css.fast.load=false
theme.images.fast.load=false
javascript.fast.load=true
javascript.log.enabled=false
layout.template.cache.enabled=false
browser.launcher.url=
combo.check.timestamp=true
freemarker.engine.cache.storage=soft:1
freemarker.engine.modification.check.interval=0
openoffice.cache.enabled=false
velocity.engine.resource.manager.cache.enabled=false
com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.cache.CacheFilter=false