16. April 2009 05:14
Antwort

Michael Poznecki

Rang: Expert

Nachrichten: 301

Eintrittsdatum: 10. Dezember 2008

Neue Beiträge

Hello all,
I am trying to install Liferay on eatj.com, but it only allows up to 50 mb on their free service. How can I make Liferay smaller? Like if I want to just install the mimimum files to get it up and running. I need to show this to a client before they agree and then I will get a larger paid host.

Thanks,
Michael
Jeffrey Handa
RE: Minimum Install
6. Mai 2009 18:21
Antwort

Jeffrey Handa

LIFERAY STAFF

Rang: Liferay Master

Nachrichten: 501

Eintrittsdatum: 1. Dezember 2008

Neue Beiträge

Hey Michael,

Wow, 50 mb, I am not sure that's possible. Does that include the servlet container too?
chack boom
7. März 2011 16:52
Antwort

chack boom

Rang: New Member

Nachrichten: 5

Eintrittsdatum: 24. Juli 2008

Neue Beiträge

Hi,
I tried EATJ hosting. It is very easy to install Liferay.
Just go to http://www.eatj.com/ to create a Free Trial account and login to your EATJ account. Click Create Liferay button. Everything is created for you. I don't there is any disk limit for EATJ.com

You can see tutorial at http://liferayhello.blogspot.com/
Hitoshi Ozawa
8. März 2011 18:10
Antwort

Hitoshi Ozawa

Rang: Liferay Legend

Nachrichten: 7949

Eintrittsdatum: 23. März 2010

Neue Beiträge

EATJ's trial account has a 50MB hard disk limit but it seems you're going to have memory limitation problem with a trial account.

http://jforum.s41.eatj.com/posts/list/3627.page
gang cai
23. März 2011 14:45
Antwort

gang cai

Nachrichten: 2

Eintrittsdatum: 23. März 2011

Neue Beiträge

I tried EATJ.com Free Trial account. It really is easy to install it. Just one button to click. I don't think they have 50 MB restriction. Free Trial account works for me.
Hitoshi Ozawa
25. März 2011 15:19
Antwort

Hitoshi Ozawa

Neue Beiträge

I tried EATJ.com Free Trial account. It really is easy to install it. Just one button to click. I don't think they have 50 MB restriction. Free Trial account works for me.

Are you "installing" Liferay or just using the one installed at EATJ.com? I think they had Liferay installed but I thought the version wasn't the newest one. There's also a problem with not being able to install a modified version.
gang cai
15. April 2011 16:44
Antwort

gang cai

Nachrichten: 2

Eintrittsdatum: 23. März 2011

Neue Beiträge

They have one button click to install. It is Liferay 6.05. It is new version. The latest version is 6.06. Right?
Hitoshi Ozawa
15. April 2011 17:00
Antwort

Hitoshi Ozawa

Neue Beiträge

They have one button click to install. It is Liferay 6.05. It is new version. The latest version is 6.06. Right?

Right. The current stable community release is 6.0.6. There were some problem with 6.0.5 when using IE. I'm not sure if they've patched up to fix this.