Foren

Omnidomain User for Liferay-6.0.5 Multiple Instance

thumbnail
Aston Pearl, geändert vor 10 Jahren.

Omnidomain User for Liferay-6.0.5 Multiple Instance

Junior Member Beiträge: 62 Beitrittsdatum: 04.02.13 Neueste Beiträge
Hi all,

I'm using Liferay 6.0.5 & working on creating multiple instances & I'm facing certain Problems.

[ A ]. In Main Portal Instance i.e. Liferay.com when LDAP settings are enable then I'm not able to create new instances. After disabling LDAP it allows me to create new instances. I don't know why this is happening.???

[ B ]. Let say I have three portal instances,

[indent]Liferay.com[/indent] - default
[indent]abc.com[/indent]
[indent]xyz.com[/indent]

virtual host & mail domains for new instances are same as their name.

Here, I can't able to login with test@liferay.com in either of newly created domains (abc.com or xyz.com).

So is there something that I'm missing here to allow test@liferay.com to login in all instances created from default Liferay????

Plz if anybody can guide me on above issues, it would be Great.

Thnx in Advance....
thumbnail
Ahmed Hasan, geändert vor 10 Jahren.

RE: Omnidomain User for Liferay-6.0.5 Multiple Instance

Expert Beiträge: 306 Beitrittsdatum: 13.04.07 Neueste Beiträge
Hi Aston,

You have to login to the new instances as test@abc.com and test@xyz.com respectively. They are the portal administrators of these new instances. You can not log in with test@liferay.com as it is the omni admin and he can login ONLY to the default instance.

BTW, just curious to know any specific reason you are using Liferay version 6.0.5. why not try with the latest version of Liferay?

Yours truly,
Ahamed Hasan
Author, Liferay Portlet Cookbook.
thumbnail

Hi Ahmed,

1st of all thnx for help,

I've seen a post in which telling that they can to login with the default test@liferay.com user in the new instance. http://www.liferay.com/community/forums/-/message_boards/message/12304090

& as the opposite some of them are saying same as you have mentioned. http://www.liferay.com/community/forums/-/message_boards/message/316843

So, at this point I'm little bit confused on it.

And do you have any idea why the issue that i have mentioned in [A] is occurring...??

Thnx in Advance....
thumbnail

Hi Aston,

The latter scenario is right from perspective of what we see in Liferay. I don't know about the first scenario.

Logically, in Liferay the user's of every portal instance are isolated. This is the reason the user of one PI is not able to logon to another PI, even he is a omni user.

If you want the same user to be a member of two PI's then you should have two user records in the "user_" where the companyId is different for each of them. But unfortunately Liferay does not allow this as email Address is kept as unique in "User_" table. If you still want to achieve this we can do some customisation in the code. It is not a big deal. But i want to know your actual business case of why you want to do this. So that i can give you some suggestions.

Yours truly,
Ahamed Hasan
Author, Liferay Portlet Cookbook
thumbnail

Thanx for Reply Ahmed,

The need is simple ... Just need to login with test@liferay.com in both of newly created domains (abc.com or xyz.com).

So, how you suggest to achieve it by some customization in the code...???

Thnx in Advance.
thumbnail

Yes Aston,

The only way you can achieve this is through the customization in the code.

To start this exercise, you try logging to abc.com with test@liferay.com. You'll get error in some place. Start from this point from where and how this error is thrown. Following this stack trace, you'll be able to get a solution either through a hook plugin or through an ext plugin. If i get some time, i'll try this and let you know. Meanwhile if you are able to do this please keep me posted with the solution, so that i can also make use of in our applications.

Yours truly,
Ahamed Hasan
Author, Liferay Portlet Cookbook