Foren

Explosion of my portal-ext.properties

Ed Jachon, geändert vor 10 Jahren.

Explosion of my portal-ext.properties

New Member Beiträge: 5 Beitrittsdatum: 01.08.11 Neueste Beiträge
Hi there,

I want to explode my portal-ext.properties in several files
- the portal-ext.properties (contains some basic liferay properties like company.default.time.zone...)
- confBusiness.properties (properties related to business process)
-contTechnical.properties (properties related to portal configuration like ids of tempates, ids of user groups...)

The portal-ext.properties would contain these two lines :

## Include conf files
include=contTechnical.properties
include=confBusiness.properties

Actually it is already done manually once the ext plugin is deployed with the portal-ext.properties only, containing the whole configuration properties. I add the "include" lines to the portal-ext and I move the conf properties to the other files, newly created. I reboot ans it works fine.

I want to automate this process, so I exploded my portal-ext directly in the ext project in Liferay IDE.
The issue here is that when deployed, the additonal files (confXXX.properties) are not loaded with portal-ext (they are not present in ../webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/classes with protal-ext).
How can I do ? I can use Ant task if needed.

I've just noticed that a file beginning with "portal-ext....." is automatically moved to the "/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/classes" folder. I could rename my files, but if there is another solution, it would be better for the customer.

Thnaks for help.
Regards
Ed
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, geändert vor 10 Jahren.

RE: Explosion of my portal-ext.properties

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 14913 Beitrittsdatum: 02.09.06 Neueste Beiträge
portal-ext.properties should not be deployed within an EXT plugin.

portal-ext.properties should be placed in the Liferay home directory. You can use the include or include-and-override statements to pull in additional files, but these too should be in the Liferay home directory.