Foren

Adding and Calling a JSP in the Document Library

Nate Shaw, geändert vor 10 Jahren.

Adding and Calling a JSP in the Document Library

Junior Member Beiträge: 49 Beitrittsdatum: 26.10.10 Neueste Beiträge
Hi everyone.

I am trying to add a new JSP to the document_library portlet and then call that JSP from an existing document_library JSP. However, I can't seem to figure out how to do it. It seems like it should be a pretty simple matter, but all of the varying documentation I look at give me slightly different information. I am doing this work in a hook and am working in 6.1-ga2.

Here are the relevant pieces of code from the calling JSP:

<c:if test="<%= showPermissionsURL %>">
            <liferay-ui:icon cssClass="<%= randomNamespace + &quot;-propPerm-action&quot; %>" image="share" message="Propagate Permissions" alt="Propagate Permissions" url="javascript:;" />
</c:if>
<portlet:renderurl var="propagatePermissionsURL" windowstate="<%= LiferayWindowState.POP_UP.toString() %>">
    <portlet:param name="struts_action" value="/document_library/propagate_permissions" />
    &lt;%--<portlet:param name="redirect" value="<%= currentURL %>" />--%&gt;
    <portlet:param name="folderId" value="<%= String.valueOf(folderId) %>" />
</portlet:renderurl>
<aui:script>
	var propPerm = A.one('.&lt;%= randomNamespace %&gt;-propPerm-action');

if (propPerm) {
        propPerm.on(
            'click',
            function(event) {
                var propagatePermissionsWindow = window.open('&lt;%= propagatePermissionsURL %&gt;', 'propagatePermissions', 'directories=no,location=no,menubar=no,resizable=yes,scrollbars=yes,status=no,toolbar=no');

propagatePermissionsWindow.focus();
            }
        );
    }
</aui:script>

So, as you can see, I added a new menu item to the folder action list, create the URL for it to call and then open that URL in a new pop-up window when the user clicks the menu item. I then went and created my new JSP file: /document_library/propagate_permissions,jsp.

When I deploy my hook and test the code, I see the pop-up window, but it is blank, empty white.

I then looked at adding the struts-config-ext.xml file as suggested by https://www.liferay.com/es/documentation/liferay-portal/6.1/development/-/ai/lp-6-1-dgen06-overriding-and-adding-struts-actions-0. However, when I started looking at that, it appeared as if I would have to then add configuration to the tiles-def.xml file, which seems to be overkill for what I am trying to do.

Can anyone help me figure this out? It seems like it should not be that hard to create a new JSP and call it from another JSP. What am I missing?