Foren

Virtual host settings and URL's

thumbnail
Rochad Tlusty, geändert vor 10 Jahren.

Virtual host settings and URL's

Junior Member Beiträge: 42 Beitrittsdatum: 18.01.12 Neueste Beiträge
I'm currently trying to shorten the URLs on our site from virtualhost.com/web/site/friendlyURL to just be virtualhost.com/friendlyURL. In the portal setting, the virtual host is set to localhost. For the site settings, the public page virtual host is set to xyz.com, and the friendlyURL for the site is /something. So xyz.com/web/something is mapped to xyz.com. Now all of the links that the portal generates are correct (like xyz.com/dashboard for our dashboard page), but the pages are not there, and the error in the logs says

19:33:07,943 INFO  [PortalImpl:4873] Current URL /dashboard generates exception: null

Also, when I look at the Site Pages for a particular page on our site, it says the friendlyURL is
http://xyz.com/web/something [/dashboard]
where the content in the square brackets is the input field for the setting.

Any idea why this would be happening?

Edit: I should also mention that going directly to xyz.com/web/site/dashboard works correctly
thumbnail
Bart Simpson, geändert vor 10 Jahren.

RE: Virtual host settings and URL's

Liferay Master Beiträge: 522 Beitrittsdatum: 29.08.11 Neueste Beiträge
What are the settings for host you have given in control panel -> Portal Instance ?
thumbnail
Rochad Tlusty, geändert vor 10 Jahren.

Junior Member Beiträge: 42 Beitrittsdatum: 18.01.12 Neueste Beiträge
The control panel -> Portal Settings virtualhost property is set to localhost. My understanding is that we want this to be set to localhost, so that the virtual host set in the site settings is unique. We could set the portal virtual host to be xyz.com, but the the site setting would need some friendly url like xyz.com/site/pages, and we are trying to have just xyz.com/pages.
thumbnail
Adnan Yaqoob, geändert vor 8 Jahren.

Junior Member Beiträge: 36 Beitrittsdatum: 24.03.14 Neueste Beiträge
Rochad,
This seems to be an old thread. Is your problem resolved? if not, I can provide you the details how we are using it successfully

Adnan