Antwort

B Moro

Rang: New Member

Nachrichten: 4

Eintrittsdatum: 17. Mai 2010

Neue Beiträge

Hi

I created a theme based on _unstyled.
The default portlet.css has some "compass" nomenclature but it doesn´t have the import line so I suppose the import is made somewhere else before (Maybe only one import is done for all css in extras.css?
Just to see what happen, I explicitly imported compass into portlet.css. I don´t understand why after that the portlets showed differently. (like .portlet-msg-info background bulb repeating, and other weird things as you can see in the image.

I supposed that it would not make any difference because the import I should be done somewhere else before.

Where does my rationale fails?
Why extras.ccs explicitly import compass and for example application.css don´t?

Sorry if it is a dumb question and thanks Liferay, now I know about Compass (very useful)
Regards.
Anhang

Anhänge: weird.fw.png (69,8k)
Anonym
RE: Import Compass
1. Mai 2013 11:39
Antwort

Anonym

isn't the @import "compass" done in the custom.css file
B Moro
1. Mai 2013 13:01
Antwort

B Moro

Neue Beiträge

Yes it is. But my question is why if I add @import "compass" into portlet.css, the behavior of this css changes. It doesn´t make sense to me.
Anonym
1. Mai 2013 13:25
Antwort

Anonym

It looks like in https://github.com/liferay/liferay-portal/blob/master/portal-web/docroot/html/themes/_unstyled/css/portlet.css that sass compiles all the css files, but you only need to add @import "compass" if you plan to use compass.
B Moro
1. Mai 2013 13:36
Antwort

B Moro

Neue Beiträge

Thank you very much for your time.
I know this and I am doing the orthodox way (only in custom.css). It is just that I wanted to know why this happens.
Also why the in extras.css there is a explicit call to the import.
It is not an issue for me really, I can live with it, it is just that I wanted to understand. And still I don´t.
Anonym
1. Mai 2013 13:46
Antwort

Anonym

I know extra.css has typically been for those browser prefixed css styles, so that's why it has the @import "compass" the other files we keep it straight SASS
B Moro
1. Mai 2013 14:01
Antwort

B Moro

Neue Beiträge

I get it. Thank you.