Foren

Cannot see incoming messages in Private Messaging Portlet

michal sitko, geändert vor 10 Jahren.

Cannot see incoming messages in Private Messaging Portlet

New Member Beiträge: 2 Beitrittsdatum: 08.04.13 Neueste Beiträge
I deployed Private Messaging Portlet. Then I try to send message, I click New Message then I fill all fields and send a message. The message "Your request completed successfully" appears so everything seems to be OK but receiver of message cannot see that message. I checked database - Table PM_USERTHREAD is empty. I cannot see anything interesting in logs.

Any ideas? Does Private Messaging Portlet need some configuration?

My setup:
Liferay 6.1.1 CE GA2 bundled with Glassfish. I cloned repo from git://github.com/liferay/liferay-plugins.git and checked it out to 6.1.1-ga2 - otherwise it cannot compile.
michal sitko, geändert vor 10 Jahren.

RE: Cannot see incoming messages in Private Messaging Portlet

New Member Beiträge: 2 Beitrittsdatum: 08.04.13 Neueste Beiträge
Here is similar topic: http://www.liferay.com/community/forums/-/message_boards/message/17310524

I have done some debugging and found out that the problematic line is:

sendEmail(mbMessage.getMessageId(), themeDisplay);

inside UserThreadLocalServiceImpl.addPrivateMessage(). Portlet needs to find plid for user to whom the message is sent but in my database there are not rows satisfying conditions and it causes exceptions what result in transaction rollback. So briefly - as long as you don't need email notification you can comment out sending email section. Of course it is workaround but it works. I hope it will work better in the next version.