Foren

deploy vs direct-deploy

thumbnail
dave ch, geändert vor 10 Jahren.

deploy vs direct-deploy

Regular Member Beiträge: 161 Beitrittsdatum: 07.02.12 Neueste Beiträge
Hi all,
What is the difference between deploy and direct-deploy ? In liferay eclipse right clicking on a portlet's build.xml and moving towards Liferay - SDK we have deploy and direct-deploy options, many times i need to direct-deploy my hook to make it working.
Anybody have any meaningful insight ?

Thanks,
dave
thumbnail
Mika Koivisto, geändert vor 10 Jahren.

RE: deploy vs direct-deploy

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 1519 Beitrittsdatum: 07.08.06 Neueste Beiträge
deploy is pretty much the same thing as copying the war to Liferay's deployment directory (that's actually what it does). direct-deploy will perform the same thing as Liferay's autodeployer does to the war after it's detected in deploy directory. After direct deployment you can copy the war to the appserver deploy directory directly because Liferay has already done all the modifications it needs to do to the war.
Tomasz Bartczak, geändert vor 10 Jahren.

New Member Beiträge: 2 Beitrittsdatum: 26.08.13 Neueste Beiträge
I scanned through goals.

Is there any doc page that displays all of them with description?

Is there a goal like direct-deploy, but a one that does not require appServerDeployDir to be set - just a 'enhancing war' goal, that would allow it to be installed to repository with some classifier maybe, e.g. abc-liferay-enhanced.war ?
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, geändert vor 10 Jahren.

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 14914 Beitrittsdatum: 02.09.06 Neueste Beiträge
Dude, you're mixing maven w/ ant. The OP was asking about the ant tasks defined for the social office portlets. I don't believe they have been migrated or are available for maven. If the project doesn't come with a pom.xml file, then it is just ant and maven doesn't apply.
Tomasz Bartczak, geändert vor 10 Jahren.

New Member Beiträge: 2 Beitrittsdatum: 26.08.13 Neueste Beiträge
Yes now I see that original question was for ant, but currently thos goals applies for mavn as well, looking at:
mvn help:describe -Dplugin=liferay

liferay:build-css
Description: (no description available)

liferay:build-db

liferay:build-ext

liferay:build-lang

liferay:build-service
Description: Builds Liferay Service Builder services.

liferay:build-thumbnail

liferay:build-wsdd

liferay:deploy

liferay:direct-deploy

liferay:theme-merge

however those goals are not documented very well, and this was my intention to get some documentation
asif aftab, geändert vor 9 Jahren.

Regular Member Beiträge: 123 Beitrittsdatum: 02.09.13 Neueste Beiträge
I want to add some custom field using expando. My program is working fine and I am successfully added columns to the table.
The problem is when I deploy then deployment stopped after build successful message the same I achieved from direct-deploy.
So why direct deploy is working well but the same thing we can't get by using deploy. What is the difference for such behavior.
Yup this question is silly but I want to know the precise difference between deploy and direct deploy.
Arun R S Chandran, geändert vor 9 Jahren.

Regular Member Beiträge: 149 Beitrittsdatum: 12.03.13 Neueste Beiträge
Some times, eclipse fail to properly clean up deploy the war files into Liferay server. I faced this issue a lot of times. But the same time direct deploy was always deploying the war files perfect to my Liferay server.

I think you are running your server directly from eclipse. I suggest run liferay tomcat outside eclipse, becuase it is almost how you will do with your deployment time.

Hope this clarifies your question.

Thank you.