Foren

Installing Liferay + Liferay SO

Andre Sergej Calero Valdez, geändert vor 15 Jahren.

Installing Liferay + Liferay SO

New Member Beiträge: 6 Beitrittsdatum: 05.03.08 Neueste Beiträge
Hi

i was wondering, i thought about installing Liferay as a Webbased Portal for guests and their communitiues
as well as SO for my staff. I was hoping to put both on one server.
Maybe with two differen URLs such as www.server.com/SO and www.server.com/ (for liferay)
Is that possible? Or does this even make sense?

Thank you
André
thumbnail
Bryan Cheung, geändert vor 15 Jahren.

RE: Installing Liferay + Liferay SO

Expert Beiträge: 373 Beitrittsdatum: 27.08.04 Neueste Beiträge
Hi Andre, we definitely want to make that possible in the future but I don't think there's an easy way for the time being.
thumbnail
Channing K Jackson, geändert vor 15 Jahren.

Junior Member Beiträge: 67 Beitrittsdatum: 13.11.08 Neueste Beiträge
Bryan,

Is there a timeline or plan for when that might be possible? What about just the SO portlet available as a downloaded plugin? I have the same requirements as the originator of this post.
Andre Sergej Calero Valdez, geändert vor 15 Jahren.

New Member Beiträge: 6 Beitrittsdatum: 05.03.08 Neueste Beiträge
So far i've simply solved the problem with a workaround

setup liferay normally but reconfigure tomcat to use port 80

then
setup social office but let it use another database-schema

set its tomcat up to use port 8080 an all other service ports from 8009->18009 for instance.
then simply create another virtual domain for social office to prevent cookie mixups

by making a page a redirect to the other adress:8080 you can include socialoffice inside liferay.
thumbnail
Bryan Cheung, geändert vor 15 Jahren.

Expert Beiträge: 373 Beitrittsdatum: 27.08.04 Neueste Beiträge
Channing K Jackson:
Bryan,

Is there a timeline or plan for when that might be possible? What about just the SO portlet available as a downloaded plugin? I have the same requirements as the originator of this post.

Channing, you should be able to find the portlet now in our public plugins SVN. Of course, it's in flux since we're working toward beta 2. Also, we have some separate portlets coming into play—Tasks and Contacts.