Foren

Old portlets will not deploy anymore

Micael Ericsson, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

Old portlets will not deploy anymore

Regular Member Beiträge: 169 Beitrittsdatum: 11.12.12 Neueste Beiträge
We have a system with 10 test-portlets developed. Simple portlets with one purpose - show user interface to get som reaction/feedback from users.

Now in phase 2 we starta to connect these portlets with real data from another system.
First three portlets worked like a charm. But the following portlets will not deploy. I have tried 3 of them and none will deploy.
In phase 2 we have added more dependencies in order to get data. I have tried to compare working and not working portlets and they look the same. I have cleaned cache of liferay and netbeans and restarted Liferay - still no deploy.

I have tried to fins solution based on messages in server.log, but no luck so far.

This is the server log after deploy:
08:06:20,674 INFO [com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.auto.AutoDeployScanner][PortletAutoDeployListener:87] Portlets for C:\Product\Liferay\liferay-portal-6.1.1-ce-ga2\deploy\Information-1.0-SNAPSHOT.war copied successfully. Deployment will start in a few seconds.
mar 28, 2013 8:06:27 FM org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig checkResources
INFO: Undeploying context [/Information-1.0-SNAPSHOT]
----> down to this point the log is same for working and not working deployment of portal
mar 28, 2013 8:06:27 FM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader checkThreadLocalMapForLeaks
SEVERE: The web application [/Information-1.0-SNAPSHOT] created a ThreadLocal with key of type [com.liferay.portal.kernel.util.CentralizedThreadLocal.ThreadLocalMapThreadLocal] (value [com.liferay.portal.kernel.util.CentralizedThreadLocal$ThreadLocalMapThreadLocal@7311b6f2]) and a value of type [com.liferay.portal.kernel.util.CentralizedThreadLocal.ThreadLocalMap] (value [com.liferay.portal.kernel.util.CentralizedThreadLocal$ThreadLocalMap@100204e3]) but failed to remove it when the web application was stopped. Threads are going to be renewed over time to try and avoid a probable memory leak.
mar 28, 2013 8:06:27 FM org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig deployDirectory
INFO: Deploying web application directory C:\Product\Liferay\liferay-portal-6.1.1-ce-ga2\tomcat-7.0.27\webapps\Information-1.0-SNAPSHOT
mar 28, 2013 8:06:27 FM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader validateJarFile
INFO: validateJarFile(C:\Product\Liferay\liferay-portal-6.1.1-ce-ga2\tomcat-7.0.27\temp\9-Information-1.0-SNAPSHOT\WEB-INF\lib\servlet-api-2.5.jar) - jar not loaded. See Servlet Spec 2.3, section 9.7.2. Offending class: javax/servlet/Servlet.class

RE: Old portlets will not deploy anymore

A little more details about the environment:
- Liferay/Tomcat bundle. Liferay 6.1.1. Tomcat 7.0.27
- Running on JDK 1.7_15
- liferay-xxx packages ver 3.1.1
- corba iiop calls to remote Glassfish system
Developing in NetBeans 7.2.
thumbnail
Subhash Pavuskar, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

Regular Member Beiträge: 234 Beitrittsdatum: 13.03.12 Neueste Beiträge
Hi Find the attachment and i hope the following link may help you to resolve your issue Click Here

Hi

Thanks for the input. But my current problem is that portlet no longer will deploy.

Memory leak is a possible future problem. The log says: "..avoid a probable memory leak...."
thumbnail
Subhash Pavuskar, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

Regular Member Beiträge: 234 Beitrittsdatum: 13.03.12 Neueste Beiträge
Have a look https://www.liferay.com/community/forums/-/message_boards/message/13659095

Subhash Pavuskar:
Have a look https://www.liferay.com/community/forums/-/message_boards/message/13659095

I found that post earlier and it provided no help.
The portlets that I am having problem with was developed for the same environment some weeks ago and they did work before the data-read changes. And I have three portlets that is working with data-read changes.
They all look similar and this puzzles me.