Foren

File Size Limit

thumbnail
paul a adams, geändert vor 15 Jahren.

File Size Limit

New Member Beiträge: 14 Beitrittsdatum: 19.02.09 Neueste Beiträge
Is there any way to change the size limit on documents? We have training videos that we want to upload that are over 3mb.
thumbnail
Amos Fong, geändert vor 15 Jahren.

RE: File Size Limit

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 2047 Beitrittsdatum: 07.10.08 Neueste Beiträge
You can change this property:

dl.file.max.size=3072000

This may also be of interest (allowed extensions):

dl.file.extensions=

You can generally find all your configuration needs in portal.properties and you override them with portal-ext.properties. Check out this link for a little more info:

http://www.liferay.com/web/guest/community/forums/-/message_boards/message/338070
thumbnail

What application am I to use to make the changes?

Amos Fong:
You can change this property:

dl.file.max.size=3072000

This may also be of interest (allowed extensions):

dl.file.extensions=

You can generally find all your configuration needs in portal.properties and you override them with portal-ext.properties. Check out this link for a little more info:

http://www.liferay.com/web/guest/community/forums/-/message_boards/message/338070
thumbnail

What you need to do is create a new file called portal-ext.properties. This file overrides any properties in portal.properties.

For example I could put this in my portal-ext.properties:

company.default.web.id=amosfong.com

dl.file.max.size=999999999

Then (if you're using tomcat) place the file in tomcat-5.5\webapps\ROOT\WEB-INF\classes.
Restart tomcat.
Then it should pick up your new configurations.

Look at portal.properties for a full list of configuration options.

Check out this wiki for a slightly outdated portal.properties. http://www.liferay.com/web/guest/community/wiki/-/wiki/Main/Portal+Properties+5.1.1
thumbnail

Thank you for the info. I have another newbie question. We are running SO on an OSX setup and it runs well. If we are using a Mac would we use BBedit to make changes and if we open the exiting file in it are there settings already in there? I ask because I made a copy of the file and opened it with BB and there was nothing in that file.

Thanks and sorry for the simple questions.

Paul
thumbnail

No problem and welcome to Liferay!

Any text editor will be fine to edit the file and yes, by default the file is empty. To get a full listing of properties you can change, take a look at that wiki page above or if you don't mind downloading the entire source code from sourceforge, portal.properties is located in \portal-impl\src
Jon Goldberg, geändert vor 15 Jahren.

New Member Beiträge: 7 Beitrittsdatum: 10.03.08 Neueste Beiträge
You can also extract the portal.properties file from the jar to see all the values:

jar xvf portal-impl.jar portal.properties

portal-impl.jar is in:

{LIFERAYHOME}/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/lib/portal-impl.jar

Hope this helps.

Jon
thumbnail
Bryan Cheung, geändert vor 14 Jahren.

Expert Beiträge: 373 Beitrittsdatum: 27.08.04 Neueste Beiträge
As mentioned elsewhere, in the next version you'll be able to configure these through the Control Panel.
thumbnail
Lisa Simpson, geändert vor 14 Jahren.

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 2034 Beitrittsdatum: 05.03.09 Neueste Beiträge
If you're running Liferay or SO on any *nix platform - including OSX - vi is your buddy :/ I don't see why this can't be configured via the admin interface. Other than the binding to the database, none of this stuff really ought to be in text file. It should *ALL* be done via the interface.