Foren

Cannot set upload size limit

Sascha Hormann, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

Cannot set upload size limit

New Member Beiträge: 11 Beitrittsdatum: 24.01.13 Neueste Beiträge
Hi all,

I have come to a point where this issue is driving me insane.

i have attempted to set the upload limit in the system administration, file uploads to 50720000 and whilst the change is accepted i still get the message that is cannot accept a document into the document library no bigger than 3000k.

I have also attempted to set dl.file.max.size=50720000 in portal-ext.properties and restart but I will get the same error when trying to upload a file bigger than 3000k.

Is there a database table i can change this value in or am i missing something really stupid.

I have even attempted putting a 0 in all file upload limits and in the properties file to say no limit but it still will not accept a file bigger than 3000k.

Please help anyone!

Sascha
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

RE: Cannot set upload size limit

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 7942 Beitrittsdatum: 24.03.10 Neueste Beiträge
Try setting it from the Control Panel.

http://www.liferay.com/web/brett.swaim/blog/-/blogs/configure-your-file-upload-settings-from-control-panel

HI,

Yes that is the File Upload section I am referring to, control panel, system administration, file uploads, these are what I have changed as well as trying to hard code it in the portal-ext.properties file, but the document library still says it cannot accept file greater than 3000k.

Cheers

Sascha
thumbnail
Christopher Lui, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

Junior Member Beiträge: 39 Beitrittsdatum: 22.03.10 Neueste Beiträge
What kinds of file types are you uploading?

Have you tried setting this property?
com.liferay.portal.upload.UploadServletRequestImpl.max.size=10485760000

Make sure to restart your Liferay after making any portal-ext.properties changes.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, I set the string you posted in the port-ext.properties file, restarted liferay but I still get the following message :-

Please enter a file with a valid file size no larger than 3000k.

Regards

Sascha

Sorry forgot to mention the file types are PDF's.
thumbnail
Vilmos Papp, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

Liferay Master Beiträge: 529 Beitrittsdatum: 21.10.10 Neueste Beiträge
Hi Sascha,

Could you let us know which version of Liferay do you use?

Regards,
Vilmos
thumbnail

I forgot, to ask, where and how do you try to upload your file? I mean, do you use the basic uploader or the multiple file uploader?
thumbnail

Are you uploading the file from the Document and Media in the Control Panel?

Hi guys,

To round up, I'm using the latest liferay that is available for download 6.1.1 i believe without checking right now.

I attempted lots of other setting in the properties file yesterday all to no avail.

I did not matter from where the documents and media i uploaded to, I even went so far as extracting the properties file in the .jar for liferay and setting things in there but that did not make any difference either.

So i lost my temper with it yesterday morning and blew the database away and the liferay directory, recreated the mysql database and setup a quick liferay again and now it works and accepts the settings, very strange and to be honest its working now but what confuses me is that I technically have done nothing different as to how i set it up the first time so why it works now and not before is a question i cannot answer.

Thanks for your help and advise, shame nothing worked but the drastic measure of blowing it all away.
thumbnail

Hi Sascha,

It's sad that you had bad experience with the portal. To tell the truth I haven't met similar issues yet. Just out of curiosity, did you make a db dump before deleting your DB? If so, is there a chance you can upload it to here so we could check it?

Perhaps, some field is populated from the UI of Control Panel with bad values into the DB and hence portal-ext.properties didn't take affect on them anymore, but I'm not sure and without the DB dump it's impossible to confirm it.

Regards,
Vilmos

Vilmos,

I'm sorry, its all good the issue has resolved itself and to be honest I have a feeling its a one in a million issue as I have not seen anyone else with that problem.

I am going to be building another test one soon so if I hit the same issue I sure will remember to do a DB extract for you but I did not keep one, I was under pressure to get it working by a certain time and I did not think anyone would ask for it.

Sorry

Sascha
thumbnail

You can also go to Control Panel -> Server Administration -> Portal Properties and check on values currently assigned to the properties. If this property is not what you expect, you probably have some setting which you're not aware of doing.