Foren

Generic Profanity Filter?

thumbnail
Jim Klo, geändert vor 15 Jahren.

Generic Profanity Filter?

Junior Member Beiträge: 75 Beitrittsdatum: 07.11.08 Neueste Beiträge
I'm looking for a way to implement / integrate a Profanity Filter in somewhat of a generic fashion. I'm wondering if anyone has any thoughts on how this might best be added into LR? Or if you know of a pre-existing solution that would be great as well.

I've thought of at least a couple of approaches, but not really sure which is the most appropriate way to add such a feature:
  • Add a servlet filter
  • via AOP in Spring (I've never dealt directly with Spring or AOP)
  • Point solution via methods in a service class.

Thanks for any input the community can provide!
thumbnail
Andreas Stangl, geändert vor 14 Jahren.

RE: Generic Profanity Filter?

New Member Beiträge: 7 Beitrittsdatum: 07.01.10 Neueste Beiträge
We also need something like this for our upcoming project. Currently I have no idea how to do this, but I will start further investigation soon. I let you know if there is any progress.
Brian Pontarelli, geändert vor 14 Jahren.

RE: Generic Profanity Filter?

New Member Beitrag: 1 Beitrittsdatum: 19.03.10 Neueste Beiträge
If you are looking for a product solution for profanity filtering, Inversoft offers a suite of tools called Clean Speak. It provides a Java API that you drop into the classpath or a WebService that can be deployed separately and used via XML-over-HTTP.

I'm one of the developers at Inversoft and our filter is really comprehensive. Our filter can find emails, urls, and much more. We also have a web application you can use to manage the black and white lists. We also handle complex situations like character replacements (leet speak), embedding of words, conjugation, and much more.

You should check it out and see if it fits your needs.