Foren

How to change the look and feel of sign in portlet in liferay 6.1

Kiran Kumar Boyini, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

How to change the look and feel of sign in portlet in liferay 6.1

Expert Beiträge: 287 Beitrittsdatum: 02.06.11 Neueste Beiträge
Hi All,

I want to change the look and feel of the sign in portlet of liferay 6.1.I think that I can achive this using hook.
But changing the look and feel purpose, I do not want to use hook functionality. I am thinking in easiest way like configuring the sign-in portlet ,login as admin.

Any suggestions and Ideas ?.

Regards,

KiranKumar Boyini.
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

RE: How to change the look and feel of sign in portlet in liferay 6.1

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 14916 Beitrittsdatum: 02.09.06 Neueste Beiträge
You should do it using a theme. The login portlet has classes assigned so all elements can be styled the way you want.

You can do it using the look and feel portion of the portlet itself, although this is typically only done to handle one-off sorts of styling. With the login portlet, it can be displayed at many different points in Liferay, so your changes may or may not propagate, depending upon how you define your styles.
Kiran Kumar Boyini, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

Expert Beiträge: 287 Beitrittsdatum: 02.06.11 Neueste Beiträge
Thank you David,
Can u find tell me,where exactly I can do it in theme.Suppose say in classic theme of the liferay. I find some css file in the below path.

/html/themes/classic/css.

In which file under this folder as a result I can easily effect the look and feel of the sign in portlet.

Regards,

Kiran
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 14916 Beitrittsdatum: 02.09.06 Neueste Beiträge
The themes are not defined on a per-portlet basis; theming is applied by attaching classes to the elements.

You get to portlet-specific theming overrides when you use selectors that include your portlet id.

If your CSS rules start with ".portlet-login", then that will control decoration of just the login portlet. So, for example, I hide the portlet-msg-error guy (so I don't see two of them) like this:

.portlet-login div.portlet-body > div.portlet-msg-error {
     display: none;
 }

This ensures that only the portlet-msg-error guy is hidden and only within the login portlet.