Foren

related to ajax call on sumbit of save button

deepthi narendula, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

related to ajax call on sumbit of save button

Junior Member Beiträge: 39 Beitrittsdatum: 26.04.12 Neueste Beiträge
Hi friends,

I have developed twoportlet in liferay. I used inter portlet communication in this example. What i am doing is:- I have one search portlet in which i am having one textfield for search. When i click on search button it fetches the data from the database and display that data using search-contained in another portlet.

Now what i want is when i click on the search button then the page should not be refresh(i.e i wish to use the concept of AJAX) and data should be displayed on the other portlet.How to do it....pls help me out.....

Thanks & Regards
N.Deepthi.
Rahul Sharma, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

RE: related to ajax call on sumbit of save button

Junior Member Beiträge: 59 Beitrittsdatum: 11.01.12 Neueste Beiträge
Hi,

You need to use serveResource method and some ajax calls,serveResource will be handling all the logic controls you want to set,this link "http://www.excession.org.uk/blog/liferay-and-ajax.html" will surely help you in creating the complete code.
thumbnail
Sushil Kumar Saini, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

Regular Member Beiträge: 104 Beitrittsdatum: 27.07.11 Neueste Beiträge
Hi Deepthi,

To fulfill your requirement you will have to use the Liferay Javascript IPC mechanism. Please see the following link for the same.

http://www.liferay.com/community/wiki/-/wiki/Main/Client-side+Inter-Portlet+Communication

Cheers
Sushil Saini
thumbnail
Amit Doshi, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

Liferay Master Beiträge: 550 Beitrittsdatum: 29.12.10 Neueste Beiträge
deepthi narendula:
Hi friends,

I have developed twoportlet in liferay. I used inter portlet communication in this example. What i am doing is:- I have one search portlet in which i am having one textfield for search. When i click on search button it fetches the data from the database and display that data using search-contained in another portlet.

Now what i want is when i click on the search button then the page should not be refresh(i.e i wish to use the concept of AJAX) and data should be displayed on the other portlet.How to do it....pls help me out.....

Thanks & Regards
N.Deepthi.

Please check this link. It will be useful for you.

Thanks & Regards,
Amit Doshi