Foren

Trouble creating new layout template in existing theme

Scott Hanson, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

Trouble creating new layout template in existing theme

New Member Beiträge: 12 Beitrittsdatum: 05.09.12 Neueste Beiträge
I can't seem to get my custom page layout (100%, 100%, 65%/35%, 100%) to show up in Liferay. Any suggestions?

I am building a theme based on ZOE Healthcare, and Liferay is pulling it in accordingly. In the theme, under docroot _diffs/layoutpl/custom/ there were two "custom" layouts already. I created a third. I'm not seeing any of these and still only seeing the typical options when logged into Liferay, "Freeform, 2-col, etc".

Any suggestions on what more I need to do to pull in a new layout within an already functioning theme?

Thanks!
thumbnail
Maarten van Heiningen, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

RE: Trouble creating new layout template in existing theme

Regular Member Beiträge: 174 Beitrittsdatum: 05.02.09 Neueste Beiträge
Hi Scott,

These layouts are set within the theme look-and-feel xml file and thus only are available to select when you use the theme on a site or page.
For your own new layout you should also include this in the look-and-feel file in your theme.

Best
Maarten

Maarten van Heiningen:
Hi Scott,

These layouts are set within the theme look-and-feel xml file and thus only are available to select when you use the theme on a site or page.
For your own new layout you should also include this in the look-and-feel file in your theme.

Best
Maarten

Thanks so much for your reply--though I don't understand your answer?

I do see the XML file -- there's very little in it but it does have my theme name in it. What do I need to add to the XML for the layout to show up?

Thanks again!
Bradley Wood, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

RE: Trouble creating new layout template in existing theme (Antwort)

Interesting--my copy of that file didn't have anything for <layout-templates>. Anyway I added my code with my new layout and it seems to be working now--so thank you!

This will bring me to my next question ... emoticon