Foren

Dynamic Data List - Record Level Permissions

thumbnail
James Denmark, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

Dynamic Data List - Record Level Permissions

Junior Member Beiträge: 27 Beitrittsdatum: 20.11.08 Neueste Beiträge
Dynamic data lists are a great improvement over the web content structures/templates to enable site administrators to manage parts of their site and also to enable group collaboration on lists.

Currently, the list can have permissions attached to it but the individual records do not so the its an all or nothing proposition for each list.

If the individual records have permissions on them, you could configure a list that each member could contribute/see their part of and the list owner could see the whole list. Then using this with teams could really get interesting...
Pavai T, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

RE: Dynamic Data List - Record Level Permissions

New Member Beiträge: 2 Beitrittsdatum: 20.12.12 Neueste Beiträge
Hi All,
I want to hide or show some of my fields in dynamic data list based on the role. How to achieve this?... Can anyone help me in solving this as am new to liferay
thumbnail
Exploring Liferay, geändert vor 7 Jahren.

New Member Beiträge: 8 Beitrittsdatum: 11.09.14 Neueste Beiträge
Pavai T:
Hi All,
I want to hide or show some of my fields in dynamic data list based on the role. How to achieve this?... Can anyone help me in solving this as am new to liferay

I presume you would have found a solution but noone has listed here so adding up. Thsi can be done by defining different edit , create and display templates as per requirement of each role. Placement of portlets on multiple pages will be required with permissions set only to specific role.

Other way is to check role in the display template and accordingly show/hide fields.
thumbnail
Jorge Ferrer, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 2871 Beitrittsdatum: 31.08.06 Neueste Beiträge
Hi James,

That's a good proposal.

We have several improvements planned for 6.2, but so far we have prioritized improvements to the definition editor (specially since the same one will be used for web content in 6.2) as well as doing quite a few usability to make it easier for more people to leverage the functionality.

BTW, you make lots of good proposals, you'll be happy to know that we'll soon make some additions to JIRA so that it's easier to organize all feature requests, promote them, get attention and eventually have them implemented.
Dharmendra Dubey, geändert vor 10 Jahren.

New Member Beiträge: 2 Beitrittsdatum: 30.11.11 Neueste Beiträge
Hi
Do you find any of the way by which we can provide permission on fields of Dynamic data list i am stuck in this issue from long.

Can Some body help me in this?

And another concern is that can we assign a workflow request to many roles instead just assigning request to me or assign to my role only,
means i want to assign a request to some other role different from my role.

Any response would be appreciable.

Thanks
Neha Goyal, geändert vor 10 Jahren.

New Member Beiträge: 14 Beitrittsdatum: 19.08.13 Neueste Beiträge
Hi All,

Is there any way to achieve above requirement i.e. "Can we find any of the way by which we can provide permission on fields of Dynamic data".
Any help would be appreciated.

Regards:
Neha
Ankita Jain, geändert vor 9 Jahren.

Junior Member Beiträge: 49 Beitrittsdatum: 05.02.14 Neueste Beiträge
Hi

I am using liferay 6.1 EE and want to implement this in my dynamic data list. Please post the approach if someone has tried it.

Thanks
Ankita Jain, geändert vor 9 Jahren.

Junior Member Beiträge: 49 Beitrittsdatum: 05.02.14 Neueste Beiträge
create a hook and add custom jsp view_record.jsp of dynamic_data_lists

Comment the orignal code and replace with the below code.

List<DDLRecord> results=DDLRecordLocalServiceUtil.getRecords(recordSet.getRecordSetId(), themeDisplay.getUserId());
int total=results.size();
searchContainer.setTotal(total);

After adding this the user can see records specific to their user id.

Dunno if this is the correct approach but solved my requirement.